“4 stars for the view”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Breath-taking view restaurant located on the top of Mount Mansfield, can go there by gondolas and ski back. My recommendation is to go there very early around 11 am it will be full if you wait until the lunch time. We went there at 11 am, only three tables occupied, but the waiter kind of rushing us out when it was more crowded. Food was okay, not as amazing as the view, but acceptable since it is hard to take all ingredients up to the top of the mountain. I was disappointed a little about my food, I ordered Vermont steak hoping that it would be piece of meat, but it was actually a sandwich, sorry I am not from Vermont, I did not know that. My friend's burger tasted amazing. Also chili soup was pretty good. If you are there in Stowe to ski anyway, why not try Cliff House. Price was acceptable, I would pay any price to have lunch with this view.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Trip to the top mountain and the view were the best parts. The food was very expensive for the quality.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

located at the highest peak of Stowe, you can only imagine the spectacular view! Food and Wine selections is very good. Service is superb. The only down side is that if you are not skiing it will cost you $25.00 for a ride up the mountain in the Ski lift. Other than that expect great food and service. The house burger is awesome btw and the French onion soup is very good too!

1  Thank Ranier R
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Cost $50 to ride the gondola to the restaurant. Stood at the check in desk for 15 minutes and watched some obviously unhappy waitresses serve the 6 or 7 people in the restaurant. We got a few glances as they went by, but no one ever came to seat us. I don't know if the food is any good or not and I'll never know. Because I'll never go back.

The views from the mountain were great though.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

OF course, the meal was delecious! But the view and the ambiance, just breathtaking. Take the time to walk the terrasse and take some pictures. The gondola trip to the top, so romantic and fun.

1  Thank Ben V