“What a view”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a beautiful place to have lunch. We traveled up the mountain by riding the condola car's to the top. The weather was sunny, but cool and the outdoor dining was great. The service was excellent as they visited the table often and were very helpful with local information. The food was great, especially the squash soup. Have some time for this outing as it was so relaxing to enjoy a great meal, with friends, and to enjoy an awesome view of the area.

There are newer reviews for Cliff House Restaurant

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I ate at this restaurant on the last day of their summer/fall season. Due to clouds, there was no visibility from the restaurant on the day I went but on a good day, it would be awesome. The service was very good. The food was limited to what they had 'in stock' due to it being the last day of the season. I had a very good rib-eye steak with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans that were excellent. It was pretty expensive but it is a restaurant at the top of a mountain. You have to ride the gondola up the mountain to eat here which is an extra fee....so a meal here is pretty pricey.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Menu is perfect for top of the mountain Restaurant. Staff are very friendly, great service and do not rush you If you want to llinger.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great food and they have this raspberry mojito that tastes amazing...now I want to make one at home. If you're staying at Stowe Mountain Lodge, you can charge lunch to your room. Recommend the chicken sandwich. Other than being half scared half to death on the gondola...was literally half-way down the mountain when the power decided to go out for about 5 mins...it was fantastic. Great view from up there, convenient place to take pictures of the whole area.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

As a special treat to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary we booked a Summit Series Dinner. This offer combined a gondola ride with a 6 course dinner (champagne toast plus 5 courses) for a set per-person price. The menu is themed and ours was the "Harvest Dinner". The menu was published ahead of time and offered a couple of choices for each course. If you have any allergies or other special dietary needs I would recommend that you tell them when you make your reservation to assure they have alternatives available for you. The weather was rainy and foggy so we didn't get the spectacular views that one would normally get at the Cliff House. However, we recognize that the weather cannot be controlled. Note that not all of the tables are close to the front windows. Our table was in the back alongside the deck so even if the weather had been great, I'm not sure that our table location would have offered a great view, though I suppose we would have enjoyed the view coming up the gondola and being autumn, sunset was shortly after our ascent so maybe it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Despite the weather related and table location related lack of views, the food was absolutely outstanding and the experience was excellent overall. Several days later we are still talking about the various dishes and how good they were. It was expensive but the food was great and we enjoyed the experience very much. We both agree that we would do this again for a special occasion. One thing we didn't expect that was really fun was the gondola ride down the mountain after dinner which was dark except for the sparkling lights of the town below. That was really quite cool. Lastly, I'd like to say that I was impressed with the person that booked my reservation. I had several questions and he was so knowledgable, helpful, and kind. He also personally called me on the day of the dinner to confirm our reservation which I appreciated.