“Best Hamburgers Ever”

The Blue Donkey
Ranked #35 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed July 22, 2013

On a recent visit to Stowe we were traveling with our Havanese and looking for a place to eat outside. We stopped at the Blue Donkey and had the best hamburger we have ever eaten. We were so impressed that we ate there twice during our visit. Even their turkey burgers were outstanding.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The food here is totally average, but the prices are pretty ridiculous for that. They have a lot of weird burgers with interesting stuff on them if you're into that. What I don't like about this place is the fact that you order a drink and they give it to you with a ton of ice (no free refills) then by the time your food comes you will likely need another because either you have drunk it or it's completely watered down. Also we joke about the place being a literal donkey - flies and all. The place is crawling with flies, and the flies are crawling over everything - you, your food, the condiments on the table. You go to use the ketchup and find a dead fly stuck on top. I've been here twice and both times spent the majority of the meal swinging my arms in the arm like a crazy person in order to keep the flies off my meal. I'm guessing this is not a problem in the cooler weather. I know Stowe can be expensive, but there are better places than this for the price.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

First let me say... the burgers here are great. But I do think they are a little pricey for a place where you order at a counter. $9.75 for a buger and $4 extra for fries. I suppose being Stowe, you are expected to pay a little more. Great burger... but come on people, include the fries!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The vibe here is groovy; the burgers are done right. Made to order and worth a small wait. Order the hand cut fries and sit inside or out. A must see when in Stowe!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is one of the few reasonably priced restaurants in Stowe. They have great food with plenty of options under $10. It is a bar/grill like atmosphere, but we did see a family with young children there. We would go back!