“Good coffee”
Review of Black Cap Coffee

Black Cap Coffee
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Description: http://www.stowetoday.com/stowe_reporter/news/business_news/article_b27772a2-9018-11df-b04d-001cc4c002e0.html Review in http://www.stowetoday.com/stowe_reporter/news/business_news/article_b27772a2-9018-11df-b04d-001cc4c002e0.html http://www.stowetoday.com/stowe_reporter/news/business_news/article_b27772a2-9018-11df-b04d-001cc4c002e0.html
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Pumpkins on the porch greeted us before we moseyed inside and dosed up on the good stuff. A beautiful noisette-style macchiato with beans roasted by Brave Coffee & Tea, former owners of the café. It's a cute little place, a little artsy with an adjoining ceramic studio and gallery. Pre-made breakfast sandwiches sit in a cabinet in the mornings plus a variety of tempting pastries and donuts.

1  Thank heneedsfood

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The coffee was ok but not great. I like to drink my coffee out of a real mug rather than a paper cup but did not have a choice. I ordered the quiche and it was served cold and I was told I could heat it up in the microwave. After many tries so as not to overheat it I got it fairly warm, and I could not even eat it because it tasted so bad! It was the worst quiche I ever ate. Yuk. So I was disappointed. Hope you have a better outcome!

1  Thank Fussyeater2010
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a lovely little independent coffee shop. The service is excellent, and the staff are friendly and attentive. The tea/coffee selections are very nice - tending towards local/artisanal creations, which I love. The baked goods include some excellent gluten free choices every day, which is another big plus for me. They are invariably delicious! Seating is spacious, comfortable and usually pretty quiet. The free Wifi (you need a password from the counter) is easy and reliable. The decor is mostly local artists, as you would expect in a funky place like this, and definitely adds to the atmosphere. I frequent coffee shops all over the country, and this is my favorite coffee shop in Vermont!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Right in downtown Stowe . . . lots of seating with several spots on the front porch and front windows. They have a nice selection of both coffee and tea and they were quite good. Also a nice assortment of tasty treats. It was a welcome spot to see on a rainy day.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I wanted to like the local coffee shop. The location is neat and the interior is nicely appointed with comfortable couches, etc. However, one comes to a coffee shop for the coffee. My cup was not particularly good (medium roast) and their labeling system looks as if someone opened a thesaurus of coffee terms and spewed them out. It was difficult to tell the strength of the brews without asking. Not a hit in my book.