“Bloody Brilliant!”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Snowmobile Tours
Reviewed March 20, 2014

What a great way to spend 2 hours. We are in Stowe, VT primarily to ski but took a day out to try Snowmobiling for the first time and chose Snowmobile Vermont based on the great Trip Advisor reviews.

We started out at the shop to get kitted up and watch a brief safety video and were very well looked after by Cali. We then drove 10 mins down the road (with good directions) to meet up with our guide Nick. For the 13:00 slot we were also lucky enough to be in a group of 1 (with 2 of us on 1 snowmobile)...Bonus!

There was a fresh dusting of snow and we set off gently, which allowed time to get used to the snowmobile. Having existing experience with on and off road motorcycles definately helped me to progress quickly and gain confidence in the machine, behaviour on the snow and my abilities.

Nick lead the way and set the pace but kept a constant eye on us and also paused for the occassional thumbs up to ensure all was well.

Turning tight corners in deep snow was a struggle at times and a great tip is to stay out of the ruts created by other snowmobiles.

We would recommend Stowe Snowmobile Tours for anyone visiting the area during the snow season and wanting some alternative fun on the snow.

Howard S, Owner at Snowmobile Vermont Stowe, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Were so glad you had a great time. Thats what we strive for. Hope to see you again. Thanks Howard

There are newer reviews for Snowmobile Vermont Stowe

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was our first ever snowmobile ride. The guides split up as we wanted to take things a bit slower that others in our group, and I was grateful for that. I felt that they really did cater to differing abilities, and I was happy that we weren't slowing others down. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We can't wait to do it again.....
The Staff were very friendly. We Definitely recommend it.!!!!
Done this before but nothing like this

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I did a tandem 2 hr ride this past week. What a great time. The staff was the most friendly you could ask for. When I called to book they were very helpful. Then when we arrived in VT I noticed that the day I had the excursion planned for was going to rain. So I called up and without hesitation they had room on another day so they switched my tour.

When we arrived it was a bit early so we hung out and they told us about all kinds of things that we could do in the area from how to get Heady Topper to what festivals to attend in all seasons. Then they fitted us for helmets and boots and helped us with what clothing would be appropriate for the driver and the passenger.

We then hopped on a quick shuttle ride to the location of the snow mobiles. We got a quick safety and operations video and then another lesson actually on the snow mobile. Then off we went. What a blast. Our guide was awesome. We went up the trails to the top of the mountain took a break and then back down again. Then we had time to play around in the open fields for a while.

The snow mobiles were in great "like new" condition and had more than enough power to put a permanent smile on your face.

I had a blast, Thanks and I can't wait to visit again!!
Mike

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was our first experience snowmobiling and we had a marvelous time. The trails were spectacular. I wish there were opportunities to stop and take photos of the beautiful scenery, but this doesn't detract from the overall experience. Erin was a terrific guide!

Been to Snowmobile Vermont Stowe? Share your experiences!