“Stumbled on this for lunch, and glad we did”
Review of Cafe on Main

Cafe on Main
Ranked #13 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were actively looking for the right place to eat, and just barely noticed this, with tables outside. Once we figured out how it worked, everything went quickly and smoothly. Very good sandwiches, and snagged a table outside, where, among other things, we got to watch a young woman adding some color to the flower beds. We exited from downstairs where there was a nice all things Vermont type of store. All in all, a good find. And since there is no wait staff, it probably went more quickly than many restaurants. Turned out to be a good choice.

2  Thank willtravel12345
There are newer reviews for Cafe on Main

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a not to be missed lunch time treasure while in Stowe.
The vegetarian chili soup was awesome. The beet soup with horseradish creme fresh, was an amazing experience. They had a great selection of sandwiches with an assortment of fresh bread choices.
Their staff was super friendly!

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I came here two days in a row because the food was so good. (The bean burger and salad both times.)

Both times I was kicking chairs because the place is so small.

And both times the service was a little strange. The first time the cashier was handing me a BLT I didn't order and the second time I want to order a salad but the person didn't seem to want me to get more than the bean burger. (Why?)

1  Thank David C
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Cafe on Main is very small, casual restaurant. Very friendly. They serve breakfast and lunch. We went for breakfast twice. First day I had a homemade oatmeal with brown sugar, syrup, raisins and walnuts wich was excellent. My husband had scrambled eggs with homemade fries wich was good to. Next day he had Belgium waffles and I had blackberry scone wich was delicious. Both days wasn't busy. Again, very, very friendly.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ava X
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stopped by here for a quick lunch; service was fast and pleasant; food was excellent - soup, salad, cookie. Small and crowded.

Been to Cafe on Main? Share your experiences!