“The thinnest hot dog I have ever eaten”
Review of Stowe Dogs - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Diner
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Florida
“The thinnest hot dog I have ever eaten”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I never knew anyone would have produced a hot dog with the diameter of a "dime". I read some other reviews and it is supposedly a locally produced hot dog. But these things are no thicker than my pinkie finger. Everything was pre-made. When I placed my order, the guy starts to make everything right in front of me, without grilling anything, and that includes the hot dog bun. The bun tasted stale and spongy, and not even close to being fresh. I wasn't expecting this to be fine dining, but this was the worst food experience I have had in Stowe.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank skpr77

Langhorne
“Awesome Chili Dog!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Great hotdogs,chili dogs are to die for! Don't forget a picture of your furry friend, as they are proudly displayed throughout the little strip mall location.

Visited March 2012
New Canaan, Connecticut
“For Hot Dogs - This place is great”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My kids love Stowe Dogs. I don't know if its open at night but we swing by there after skiing for a post ski snack. The place is just a hot dog place but they do hot dogs really well. If you go, bring a picture of your dog to leave on the wall.

Visited November 2011
Stowe, Vermont
“Food was edible but over priced.”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

They were hot dogs, but we were expecting at least the ball park hot dogs not the basic Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs with a few extra toppings for alot of money.

It was $33.00 for four hot dogs, small fries and small onion rings with each a drink.

We could of gone to the Grocery store and purchased better hot dogs and dinner fixings for that price.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Chinnookwinds
VermontPoodles, Owner at Stowe Dogs, responded to this review, January 21, 2012
There have been a couple of reviews regarding our prices and I really believe a person is entitled to his opinion, but I have to respond to this particular review because the reviewer's facts are misleading and just incorrrect. First, we serve McKenzie hotdogs, not Oscar Myer and we do so because Mckenzie is a Vermont product and it is nice to offer some local products. Second,your specific order should have cost just about $22, not $33 and if so, please come in and I will refund you the difference. As I said, everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just don't want visitors getting wrong information before decidiing to come in themselves. Thankfuly we have a loyal base of customers who like our food and frankly support us because of our affordability.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great tasting Kosher Dogs!”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My son and I went to Stowe Dogs for lunch. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to hot dogs. I prefer a well grilled kosher dog with spicy brown mustard and some finely chopped onions, a bag of Utz potato chips and a coke of pepsi. They don't have Utz here in Stowe, at least from what I can tell, but the local brand was ok. So I ordered the kosher dog, an 8" dog and an equally long bun. They also had Stewarts diet root beer soda, so i had that instead of the usual. The first bit was fabulous (as was the next, and the next, and the next!!). My son had two of their "specialty dogs" One was the "Nate" and the other was the "Doctor dog" one had green peppers, onions and cheese, while the other had hot spicy mustard. The specialty dogs are standard sized dogs, which were a bit small, but they tasted very good. The specialty dogs were around $2.50 each, and the kosher dog was $3.75. I thought the kosher dog was a good value, for an eatery in Stowe, the specialty dogs were a bit small for the price. You'd pretty much want to order 2, 3 if you are hungry!. Two bottles of soda, and one bag of chips and for $15.00 two of us had lunch. The owner was very nice and he posts photos of customer pet dogs from around the country all over the walls. The also serve burgers and chicken sandwichs as well.. I nice place for a quick, simple meal...

• Visited December 2011