No photo provided
Add it.
Stowe Dogs
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My kids love Stowe Dogs. I don't know if its open at night but we swing by there after skiing for a post ski snack. The place is just a hot dog place but they do hot dogs really well. If you go, bring a picture of your dog to leave on the wall.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

They were hot dogs, but we were expecting at least the ball park hot dogs not the basic Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs with a few extra toppings for alot of money.

It was $33.00 for four hot dogs, small fries and small onion rings with each a drink.

We could of gone to the Grocery store and purchased better hot dogs and dinner fixings for that price.

1  Thank Chinnookwinds
VermontPoodles, Owner at Stowe Dogs, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

There have been a couple of reviews regarding our prices and I really believe a person is entitled to his opinion, but I have to respond to this particular review because the reviewer's facts are misleading and just incorrrect. First, we serve McKenzie hotdogs, not Oscar Myer and we do so because Mckenzie is a Vermont product and it is nice to offer some local products. Second,your specific order should have cost just about $22, not $33 and if so, please come in and I will refund you the difference. As I said, everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just don't want visitors getting wrong information before decidiing to come in themselves. Thankfuly we have a loyal base of customers who like our food and frankly support us because of our affordability.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

My son and I went to Stowe Dogs for lunch. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to hot dogs. I prefer a well grilled kosher dog with spicy brown mustard and some finely chopped onions, a bag of Utz potato chips and a coke of pepsi. They don't have Utz here in Stowe, at least from what I can tell, but the local brand was ok. So I ordered the kosher dog, an 8" dog and an equally long bun. They also had Stewarts diet root beer soda, so i had that instead of the usual. The first bit was fabulous (as was the next, and the next, and the next!!). My son had two of their "specialty dogs" One was the "Nate" and the other was the "Doctor dog" one had green peppers, onions and cheese, while the other had hot spicy mustard. The specialty dogs are standard sized dogs, which were a bit small, but they tasted very good. The specialty dogs were around $2.50 each, and the kosher dog was $3.75. I thought the kosher dog was a good value, for an eatery in Stowe, the specialty dogs were a bit small for the price. You'd pretty much want to order 2, 3 if you are hungry!. Two bottles of soda, and one bag of chips and for $15.00 two of us had lunch. The owner was very nice and he posts photos of customer pet dogs from around the country all over the walls. The also serve burgers and chicken sandwichs as well.. I nice place for a quick, simple meal...

Reviewed December 18, 2011

My family and I were hungry, and had read previous reviews about Stowe Dogs that were wonderful. Excited we pulled up to a strip like mall were Stowe Dogs was tucked into. It was a beautiful warm summer day......no line ups not a soul there for lunch. The menu was plenty and I mean pleeeenty. However the prices were insanely high, so i figured since it was highly rated it should be worth it. To mine and my family's disappointment it was not!
What you get is a cheap Wonder bread white slice of toast with a KIDDY sized Dog on it!!!! What a joke! for that price! I mean it wasnt even a hot dog bun nor even a large sized dog! its for children! I could have bought a pack of hot dogs and wonder bread and made that myself. Only a fool would go there twice! I suspect that the owners themselves are rating themselves highly........DONT BE FOOLED! if you dont beleive me then before paying for your order ask to see the hot dogs and so called buns! trust me you will turn around and leave.

4  Thank dan f
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Good variety of hot dogs. Nice and helpful owner who also brought our hot dogs outside to enjoy in the beautiful weather.