“Great time for an entire family and the best concierge!!!”

Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We just stayed at Stoweflake resort for our ski vacation. We had a great time. The resort is very nice. Rooms are very clean and cozy. There are fire places in multiple locations in the resort. The spa is treat and is worth the money during the week. The weekend prices are way too high.

But the real crown jewel is concierge Susi! It's not hard to find a knowledgeable concierge, but its almost impossible to find one that makes you feel that your needs are the most important at that moment in time. Her recommendations for restaurants and things to do are perfect! She made our hotel stay like home!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Olga G
StoweflakeGM, General Manager at Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Olga G.

I wanted to thank you for sharing your praise with us on Trip Advisor! We love getting new ideas and recommendations from her and we live here. I’m glad she was able to help make your ski vacation feel at home, I will certainly forward this onto her.

On another note, I’m pleased that you found the other facilities at the resort to be cozy and comfortable. We look forward to having you come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in a lot of hotels, low and high end, but the service we got here, specially from Sussie, was just incomparable. Mind, I will focus on the service. The hotel itself was not impressive. However, the room was clean and ready for us as soon as we arrived. No issues.

I went with a group of friends and partner for a "short vaca" out of NYC. We had some idea of what we wanted to do, but found out the hotel offer a free vacation planner service. We were quickly introduced to Sussie. We spoke to Sussie about our plans, which didn't seem much with all the apparent activities available. Sussie took it to heart and literally created an itinerary from sunrise to sunset for our entire stay. All she asked was for our interest and based on that she created the itinerary. She also asked in return for us to give feedback on our experience from the suggested places so she can relate the message to future guests. This trip could not have turn out the way it did without her assistance. We are already planning to go back soon. She even booked our dinner reservations to practically every restaurant we went to. Exceptional!

The spa service was exceptional as well. We made no appointment, but they were able to managed and accommodate five of us even with a short staff.

The service at the bar was also great. It became our meeting point every night we were there.

The only disappointment was trying to find the building where our room was located. It was late at night with -22 weather. I wished the buildings were number to make them easier to find. That would have made it a five star.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Edwin G,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay here and so happy that you were able to use Susi’s great knowledge of the area and its activities. You are right in that there are so many things to do here in Stowe that go unnoticed. We’re glad that she was able to make the best of your stay with us. It always makes me pleased to hear that the service throughout the hotel was exceptional.

As for the numbers on the buildings, I will look into ways to make the trip to the townhouses more efficient, especially for those chilly nights! We look forward to having you back to visit us. Feel free to even call Susi ahead of time to start working on the details of your next stay!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our family recently went to Stowe 4 nights. Not a fan of the Trapp Family Lodge (previously reviewed) we went back to the Stoweflake after a long absence.

Pros: stayed in a spa luxury room. It was large, clean, comfortable with a fireplace, large bathroom, wifi, and refrigerator. Nice common areas, afternoon tea/coffee/hot chocolate/cookies, games and activities for kids. Did not use the spa. Outdoor hot tub and outdoor year round pool are very nice. Locker room. Front desk staff. Gym. Grounds. Close to everything.

Cons: Charlie B's. Had reserved all nights there. Ate once for dinner, once for breakfast. The problem is the atrocious service because the food is actually quite good. Someone in management should be looking into this. Indoor pool area is so hot, no one could sit in there. Found the locker room to be down a flight of stairs. Behind it, in a weird old dark corner of the hotel was a game room with a ping-pong table, pool table, TV's, vending. Would be nice if it wasn't so creepy. Maybe I watch too many horror movies but I ended up alone in there and heard someone whistling, so I booked it back to civilization upstairs. Gym very nice but no one cleans the dusty equipment on any regular basis. Worst of all concierge woman was rude and obviously unhappy in her job as she was complaining to someone on the phone about her work schedule! Plenty of others with better people skills who'd love her job. Can't comment on any of the rooms in the older part of the hotel, but the halls are dated.

Bottom line: Very relaxing. Would go back. Needs a few details worked on.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed at the Stoweflake last weekend and was less than impressed for the money. At almost $200 per night the rooms are very out dated, we didn't have wifi, the door handle kept falling off and our room was pretty far from everything. The most disappointing part was the Spa. The facility is nice but the staff was young and unprofessional. When you check in for a spa service they have you fill out a standard form with all information on it and they make you hold on to it to give it to your service provider. Never have I been to a spa and had to hold onto paperwork while trying to relax and enjoy the other relaxation areas... Seriously it's not that hard to have someone collect them and give them to the service provider. The massage was uncomfortable and not worth the money. The movements were fast and jerky, their was no music and they squirted the oils on me like someone was peeing on me! Find another place in Stowe for the money!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LoveVT22
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was my first week long ski vacation in 30 years. Staying at the Meadows at Stoweflake Townhouses was the perfect location. Our group had a 3 bedroom unit that had everything we needed. 2 of the three bedrooms had whirlpool baths and fireplaces. Nice big fireplace in the living room, full kitchen with everything we needed. All rooms were nicely decorated. Lots of closet space, perfect for all that extra skiing "stuff" you'll be bringing in addition to all the winter coats, jackets, sweaters, and regular clothing one needs to put away. Skis closets outside of every unit too. One in the party did a spa day and she really enjoyed it with a nice included lunch. All the employees we came in contact with were extremely helpful and delivered items we ran out of within minutes of calling. We ate at the onsite restaurant and thought it was good. The location was convenient to town and all the shops and restaurants along the main road and a very short drive to Stowe Mountain Skiing as well. I would not hesitate to go back and hope to make it again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MalvernGuy
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our third visit to the Stoweflake and most likely our last. We have a large family and stayed in two adjoining townhouses over the Christmas holiday and ended up leaving 2 nights early because the accommodations were so poor.

Dirty dishes in the cabinet, sparse utensils in the kitchen, threadbare sheets and sinking mattresses on the beds, and pillows of such poor quality that it I truly wished that I had brought my own.

When we arrived 2 light fixtures and bulbs in the master bath were left on the counter. Maintenance came and fixed the problem but left muddy footprints all over the bathroom rug.

One night the concierge made a dinner reservation for us at a restaurant she recommended. When we got to the restaurant the they did not have a table for us and claimed they did not receive a call from the Stoweflake. They kindly squeezed my family of 8 in the bar area at a table made for 6.

I did speak with the Reservations Supervisor Stephanie about how displeased we were with our stay and she said she would leave a message for the general manager.....5 days later.....I have yet to hear from him. Not the best customer service for a repeat visitor.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CMFAR6
StoweflakeGM, General Manager at Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear CMFAR6,

I first wanted to thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us at Stoweflake. I appreciate that you have repeatedly stayed here and am sorry that you had to leave early. I have tried looking into these issues you’ve described but I’m hoping that you will take the time to reach out to me personally so that I can help resolve this issue with you. I again want to apologize for this stay with us that did not reach your expectations and hope to talk to you soon.

800-253-2232

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the Meadows townhouses and they were very nice. We were pleasantly surprised. We were 8 people(two families) and had more than enough room to spread out and relax. There were 4 full baths which was nice and two fireplaces and five tv's!. The amenities were all there, although wifi was spotty. We did use the indoor pool one night and the kids liked it. Some of our party also used the outdoor hot tub (in 12 degree weather!) -its an interesting feature for those who like to try something different. The outdoor pool wasn't open when we wanted to try it though. As for the spa- the well being, full body massage was amazing! Barbara was the therapist, and she was wonderful! Only thing is they tacked on the 20% gratuity and didn't tell me. I noticed it on the receipt I was given, but it could be missed. I've never seen that before. My massage was worth the gratuity though! The Hungarian mineral bath was nice and different to try in the spa center. That area is co-ed. Overall its a nice place to stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stowe
Stowe Mountain Lodge
Field Guide
Field Guide
#7 of 24 in Stowe
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa

Been to Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!