We stayed at the Stoweflake for two nights this weekend for a family event taking place nearby. The staff were very friendly and the room was spacious and comfortable, with a gas fireplace, in-room mini-keurig coffee maker, and mini fridge. I liked the location across from the Farmer's market, walking distance to some restaurants and shops and on the recreation path. We expected the indoor heated pool would be too chilly for mid-October, so we planned not to use it, but then regretted the decision when, exploring the grounds on our last day we walked through the indoor pool area which was verrrrry warm. The grounds have a humble swing set for kids (the Best Western in Waterbury has a better playground) and outdoor games like croquet, plus tennis courts and a large outdoor pool. The meditation labyrinth herb garden outside the spa was lovely and we liked the "covered bridge" style structure connecting two wings of the resort. On Saturday evening we enjoyed watching the hotel staff inflate a hot air balloon as part of a corporate event happening at the hotel. We only dined at the hotel Saturday morning at Charlie B's and the breakfast buffet was decent and a good value (frozen potato "home fries" but fresh omelets made to order) and the service was excellent. From our room, we never heard any other guests, nor were we bothered by the corporate event taking place near us. We stayed in the "luxury" rooms on the ground floor between the conference area and the fitness/pool facilities. The building is dotted with fireplaces and cozy seating areas. In our room we found a daily schedule of fitness events. The cons: mattress wasn't great quality, the heat lamp/fan in the bathroom only worked on the first day and then never again, and the shower temperature dial was loose and kept slipping into "too hot" while using it. Great water pressure though. The kids want to come back in the summer to use the pool and we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa is a full-service resort ideally located in the heart of Stowe. Owned and operated by the Baraw family for fifty years, the AAA 4-diamond property is home to an unparalleled array of amenities and facilities, including a 50,000 square foot world class spa, an award-winning restaurant, elegant accommodations, and the largest resort-based conference center in Vermont.Stoweflake is situated on 60 acres and includes golf facilities, clay tennis courts, play areas, indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor Jacuzzi, and groomed XC trails. Within walking distance is a wide variety of popular restaurants, pubs and specialty shops to explore.Visit us soon for a relaxing retreat or an adventurous mountain getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoweflake Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort And Spa
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa Stowe, Vermont