“Wonderful property in a great location”

Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stowe Vermont is a great place to ski in the winter and hike in the summer. The best place to do these from is Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa. It is a family-run enterprise that has been successful for years. They have a wonderful spa with an indoor waterfall. The property has been upgraded over the years. A great place for a wedding or just a romantic weekend. And the town is great place for shopping, eating and looking for antiques.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Somehow, staying at Stoweflake always turns out to be a good experience all the time. I remember always being grumpy and finding things to complain about. We have stayed there in regular rooms, a suite and a cabin and always brought our dog with us. Obviously, we wouldn't come back repeatedly if we didn't like it. It's a good, comfy hotel sitting on a nice, well maintained property. Pet-friendly with a hefty fee, but then again everything has a hefty fee at Stoweflake. Expensive, but good restaurant is on site.

For the Spa & Sauna lovers this could work either way. It is good to have a sauna and the recreation area with different pools. It is only an o'k (slightly below average) sauna experience, not only because it isn't co-ed, but mostly because it is not hot enough. Not even the dry sauna is hot enough and the steam room is barely working most of the times. The outside area with hot and cold pools and a waterfall reminds a bit of a mid level all-inclusive resort, but is very good to have. While not recommended as a targeted sauna experience, this might be your only accessible option in the area. You will most likely enjoy it, and you will definitely enjoy the hotel if you decide to stay there. Just make sure you participate in some discount, or rebait program.

Room Tip: All rooms we stayed in were nice. They are dog-friendly, so that scores some points for them.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is nice and the staff is very accommodating. The rooms were nice, the beds were comfy, but the hallways don't have A/C so it gets a little hot. My one complaint about the rooms were no balconies. The spa was really nice, great waterfall and hot bath but the steam rooms were a little weak. All in all it's a great stay especially if you get a deal on the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Headed back to BTV airport from NH White Mtns, & wanted to shorten my am drive, so I booked a single Saturday night in Stowe, about 45' from BTV. I'm not a snow skier, but the charm of small town Stowe & the lodging/dining packed Mtn Rd headed toward the lifts was undeniable. Despite the corneyish name, the Stoweflake Resort was a warm, welcoming, comfortable inn. Beautiful lobby of leather & hardwoods w/ fireplaces & several nooks for quiet reading or contemplation. Check-in was a bit slow, but accurate. I had booked a Priceline bid of $115, & my room was oversized w/ a gas fireplace. Although I was on the opposite side of the property from Mts. Stowe & Mansfield, I got adequate view time while at the outdoor hot tub. The jets were not working properly, but the temp was near perfect despite this. The indoor pool was too humid for the summer, & very loud to boot. While not marked as such, the large outdoor pool had an adults only feel w/ extra lounge chairs & a large adjacent bar. I'm also not a spa guy, but the promo pics of the place looked very upscale, & I saw a framed copy of a several-year old 'Travel & Leisure' ranking it in the top 40 in the US. The surrounding gardens are planted & tended wonderfully, & there's an executive 9 hole course on property & playing privs at Stowe CC just behind the resort. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, even at a higher price.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tubman74
StoweflakeGM, General Manager at Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Tubman74,

I wanted to thank you for your review of our resort. I am happy to hear that you found many opportunities to enjoy the resort as well as the town of Stowe. I agree with you that there is quite a charm about Stowe and the marketplace that surrounds Stoweflake, even outside of snow sports.

We thank you for being understanding about the hot tub jets as they we are undergoing routine maintenance to ensure they are working properly for your return. Next time you visit, I hope you enjoy some relaxation time in the spa as well. I am sure that you will find the Bingham Falls Renewal Waterfall to be a neat, local touch to our Aqua Solarium.

I look forward to your return , this time maybe even for a long weekend getaway!

Safe Travels,

Sheri Baraw Smith
VP and General Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We brought our 45 person management team to the Stoweflake for a day long retreat in early September. The staff did a great job accommodating us - super helpful. Breakfast and lunch were timely and tasty. Meeting room was comfortable and well equipped. The attrium where we ate was brilliant space to relax with wonderful windows. Had a bit of a veiled tour by doing a scavenger hunt via their activities staff and the indoor and outdoor pools looked very inviting and the fitness room was well equipped. Their large conference area, The Pinnacle Room, was getting new carpet so they seem to be investing in their facilities. Nice spot for a meeting like ours, and if I were from away visiting for the annual balloonfest, for foliage, for skiing, or for summer fun of cycling and golf, I'd be happy to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan B

Dear Donutrun,

I am overwhelmed to hear that you had a great time at the event last week. Our staff had a fun time sending you off on a scavenger hunt to explore the Stoweflake grounds. I am glad that you found the retreat relaxing and comfortable as well. We find that taking time to re-connect with your co-workers on a retreat can help any organization to take a break and have fun!

We are also happy to announce that the Pinnacle Ballroom did get a new make-over including the new carpet, wall coverings, lighting, and wainscoting. Thank you for noticing our newest work while on your hunt.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us, I will be sure to pass this information onto our employees here at Stoweflake. We hope you find time to visit us during events such as the Balloon Festival or just enjoying the town!

Best,

Sheri Baraw Smith
VP and General Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This resort is in the best location in Stowe. Everything is accessible gas station, restaurants, pubs, small market area in walking distance or 5-10 mins drive. The rooms are spacious but not in a great condition. We asked for a crib and they gave us a spooky metal crib which you will be scared to put your baby in. I would recommend to try the Charlie's pub breakfast. Spa is just too expensive for the service they provide. Overall a decent hotel in a great location if you are planning to do a lot of outdoor activities to stay out whole day and enjoy the nightlife near the hotel.

Room Tip: Boom their spa king room if you don't mind spending more money.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Romie2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wonderful lodge. Great access to skiing. Friendly staff. Expensive but gorgeous. Stowe has the best skiing in northern New England and this lodge gives you the best access to the slopes. My wife and I stayed here with our 8 month old and everyone was perfectly taken care of.

• Stayed: April 2013