“Stowe...quintessential Vermont landscape” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
“Stowe...quintessential Vermont landscape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa is a great resort and spa; second only to Topnotch Resort up the road.

I love that Stoweflake is a little closer to shopping, dining, and the village than it's competitor up the road which is nestled a little closer to Stowe Mountain for skiing.

Stoweflake has a lovely restaurant/pub with fairly priced food and spirits; the rooms are well decorated and if you ask for a room with a Fireplace it's such a treat. The spa facilities are nice and have both separate mens and women's areas as well as a couples area that boasts a replica hot tub area of the nearby Bingham falls...leverage the "waterfall" for a shoulder massage.

The grounds are expansive and often you can find a balloon ride leaving from nearby.

It's not as expensive as Topnotch and you still feel like you've splurged and treated yourself. This is a little more couples oriented too than Topnotch which really caters to both families and couples really well.

Believe me, you won't feel cheated out of a luxury Vermont getaway if you choose to stay here at Stoweflake.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Fireplace.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just celebrated a joint 70th birthday with high school friends at Stoweflake. We all loved being pampered to death. The spa is great with absolutely wonderful treatments and a very professional staff. The resort is very well-run, everyone is so friendly and helpful. We vow to return to celebrate number 71!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

love this place! especially the Sanctuary Spa with the waterfall massage and Hungarian mineral bath....first time we went in May...and it snowed!! great location! great restaurants in the area but unfortunately Charlie B's is only mediocre.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loribr
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We Love Stowe! I decided to give the StoweFlake a Shot, We Usually Vacation at the Trapp Family. This was our 10th Anniversary wanted it to be Perfect. Our Room was Decent, large enough! We didnt spend much time there, only to sleep. The Only Con was the Old Tube T.V.

Cons: The Indoor Pool area really needs a Make Over. Check Out was Horrible, Lorretta was Very Very Slow. Couldn't help but notice she didn't smile, acted like it was a bother to help customers. I'm in the Resort Indusrty and Customer Service is the # 1 Priority.. ( However, Tyler who Checked us in is Great) ! All in All this Hotel is a 3 out of 5. Probably Would Return on a Discount Rate.. Not Full Price!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Stoweogunquit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed in a 3 bedroom townhouse for graduation weekend and found the rooms comfortable, clean, and private. The townhouse had the meadows view and it really was a nice relaxing location that I would recommend to anyone. We plan on going back. I did find the cost a bit pricey especially when a discount coupon arrived at our house just the day before we arrived! Typical...

The location in town is OK but without true sidewalks be expected to use the car more often than not. We ate in town and there is a small restaurant within walking distance. Plenty to do and just a beautiful area to explore. My daughter and I went to the spa for a quick manicure and enjoyed the services very much. Wish we would have had time for a real spa day!

Room Tip: The rooms all have fireplaces but the soaking tubs in the better rooms are what you want.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I went to the Stoweflake for a 3 day birthday getaway, and to spend 3 days in the much touted spa. Knowing I would arrive VERY early in the day, I was prepared to spend the morning in the spa area waiting for my room.

Imagine my surprise to get an email at 6:30am (I had already left for Stowe) informing me the spa would close at noon that day, and be closed the ENTIRE next day, (which was my bday) for deep cleaning.

SO, without going into big details, Loretta, the spa manager, raised the bar for great customer service. She was at the front desk when I arrived, as I called from the road, unhappy about the late notice of the spa closure. I was upgraded to a lovely suite, and she arranged for several other perks. Loretta took charge, made the changes, didn't have to "check" with anyone to be sure it was "ok".

Although I was disappointed that the spa was closed, which is why I chose Stoweflake, Loretta ensured my bday trip was very nice. She did a great job problem solving in a very professional way. Thank you!

I'm not sure I would choose to go back to Stoweflake, but all of the staff I encountered were very nice. The location is great.....right next to a recreation path entrance, across the street from a wine and cheese shop, easy to get to on Mountain Road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here as a family for Mothers' Day weekend. Overall, we were happy with the experience but had a few bumps. Let's start by giving credit where it's due and saying that the spa experience was divine. I had one of the best spa experiences ever--topped only by the Grand Hyatt Walilea. The staff was lovely and my massage therapist rocked. I loved the Hungarian Salt Pool and the waterfall. I wished I'd taken the advice of the person at the front desk and spent an extra couple of hours there! The bed in the King Deluxe was only OK. I would have expected a better mattress with a pillow top or memory foam and nicer linens and pillows. The bath was nice but not luxe--the towels were more like a gym--and the toilet paper was like sandpaper (TMI says my husband! ;-) The staff was lovely overall, especially on the day we left and Suzi the concierge was wonderful. However, the day we arrived my husband tried to check us in and was told, fairly rudely, that we did not have a res. Hubby got me and I tried, but was told the same again, with edge. Gratefully, I had my res. confirmation on hand and handed it to the desk guy. He STILL pushed back and then started badgering me that I'd made the res. under a different name (Labowski--not even close to my surname). Not a great first impression, to say the least. He then insisted that I should have a voucher (I had booked online through a vacation site); when I told him that I had given him everything I'd been provided, he insisted that I go to the business center and log onto my account to print out the nonexistent voucher! I'm very on my game and am not used to getting lectured when I arrive at a weekend getaway. We've been going to Stowe for over 20 years; this is the first time I've been treated so shabbily. That experience unfortunately took the bloom off an otherwise lovely spring weekend. I want to add that the desk staff on duty when we left were lovely and even wished me a happy mothers' day!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family