Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$94
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$109
$82
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$200
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$260
$199
  • Pool
Innsbruck Inn At Stowe(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$69
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$112
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$131
$95
The Stowehof(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$88
Topnotch Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$183
All reviewsmineral bathmountain resortindoor poolgas fireplacebedroom townhousenice resortsteam roomrecommend this resortgreat amenitiesski weekendthe main hotelcookiesgreen mountain coffeehot tubroom was largeoff seasonbit dated
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We just returned from a last minute New Years trip to Stoweflake. We rented a studio in the Townhouse area. It was nice to be separated from the main building as we found it quiet and peaceful, but those with young children would find this a nuisance as you need to walk or drive over to use the pool or restaurant. The studio was adequate, but on the small side. There were some items that really need to be repaired and upgraded. The kitchen is set into a closet with NO counter space. Not even a shelf to put some snacks and drinks we brought. There is a built in unit with a fridge and oven; the fridge was broken and replaced with another tiny fridge in another closet. We didn't use the oven but it didn't look promising. The microwave and coffee machine was sufficient. The bathroom counter was cracked and could use replacing. The linens were decent, but the sheets kept getting untucked from the bed....they might want to try fitted bottom sheets!!! The TV was very old....a flat screen is expected at a 4 diamond hotel. And there were no movie channels which would have been nice.
On the positive side, the après ski cookies and cheese in the main building was a nice touch and all the staff was very accommodating.

Based on the rather average impression of our room, I was expecting a similar experience at the spa. Boy was I surprised!! This spa deserves 5 diamonds!!! Fantastic facilities, wonderful staff and a truly posh environment. The women's facilities have been beautifully upgraded with granite countertops and high end products to use in the shower and changing area. The mineral pool is terrific, we didn't love the waterfall, but that's just personal preference. Claudia, The massage therapist was very skilled and caring but discreet. I spent a few hours in the relaxation area and it couldn't have been more perfect!!

We look forward to hearing when the hotel gets a facelift and then we will be back!

Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Amy F
StoweflakeGM, General Manager at Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Amy F,

I am happy to hear about the fantastic spa experience you had. I have shared your accolades with our Spa Director. I am also glad you had a great experience with our staff and I appreciate you mentioning them in your review. It truly matters.

While it seems you appreciated the spaciousness and solitude of the townhomes, I am sorry that you did not find the accommodations up to par. Your feedback will be shared with the townhome unit’s owner. It is our top priority to create a comfortable and pleasant stay for all of our guests and we extend our sincerest apologies that your experience was not as you had anticipated nor what we aim to create for our guests. We do hope to welcome you back in the future and thank you so much for your review.

Sheri Baraw Smith, General Manager and VP
Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I just returned from our stay at Stoweflake where we hosted a four day Christmas holiday for our two daughters, their husbands and two grandchildren. We are a well-traveled group with sophisticated and discriminating taste yet we don’t go for the bells and whistles and pomp and circumstances of most “luxury” places, such as the Stowe Mountain Lodge. More often than not we rent luxury homes on VRBO.
Stoweflake is really a nice place but at several levels it is aging and could be better maintained. Our daily rate for one of the Meadows homes was $1,150 plus taxes.

Pros
• Check in was pleasant and efficient
• Staff was consistently responsive
• Unit layout was perfect for our needs and in many ways exceeded expectations
• Location is all around convenient
• Property restaurant and evening entertainment was enjoyable
• Overall a satisfactory range of amenities was available

Cons

The unit needs lots of small repairs.
• Wi-Fi limited at best
• No radio or CD available
• No TV movie channels
• Baby high chair had broken safety strap
• Broken coffee pot top
• Two of the four DVDs did not work
• Four light bulbs needed replacement
• Two of the four gas fire places did not work
• Very Basic sundries
• Limited and very inexpensive Kitchen equipment
• Quality of amenities are sub-standard
• Locks in male locker room were mostly not operable

While the “Cons” are not major items there were far too many of them. But with attention to details Stoweflak could be an especially nice place to stay. The staff is good and has the potential to deliver a better value proposition. We probably would return.

Room Tip: The Meadows Town Houses provide excellent comfort
2  Thank george f

Dear 604bubba604,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that our central location, Charlie B.’s restaurant, and our Guest Services team impressed you as did the overall townhome experience you and your family had during the holidays. I do apologize there were many areas where we missed the mark in your townhome accommodations.

Unfortunately, during our busiest time of year, our complimentary wireless internet service experienced a major hardware failure which directly affected townhome units. While our main inn wireless continues to work flawlessly, we are in the process of reconfiguring the townhome wireless service. I can assure you on your next visit to Stoweflake, our complimentary wireless internet will be working beautifully.

Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the important details you list above. Feedback such as yours is critical as it gives us the opportunity to evaluate and take action where improvements need to be made not only in the Stoweflake main inn but also with our townhome community. I look forward to welcoming you back to Stoweflake and thank you again for your review.

Sheri Baraw Smith, General Manager and VP
Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I just spent 4 nights over Christmas at Stoweflake with my wife and my in-laws. The resort offers many positive attributes, but it requires some improvements to bring it in line with normal expectations travelers have today.

We stayed in a Meadows Townhouse for a total of six adults and two children. From the outset, the staff was very professional and courteous. We felt welcome upon our arrival and our various requests were dealt with promptly throughout our stay. The resort is well situated for both winter and summer outdoor activities. The grounds are well kept and groomed. We were able to relax using the resort’s amenities such as the pools, hot tub, spa and sauna. The townhouses are spacious, cozy and comfortable with nice gas fireplaces. The local pub, Charlie B’s, is a great place for a family meal and live music, and one of the few places I’ve been too lately that is not dominated by large screen televisions.

In some aspects, however, we found our townhouse and the resort to be a little dated. We expected to be able to play music during our stay, but there is no CD player or iPod dock. The televisions are very old – we did not have flat screens or HDTV. Perhaps most importantly, the wifi was painfully slow. We had intended to call family on FaceTime and Skype but could not. Our emails came in sporadically, especially if they had attachments. Furthermore, despite assurances that our suites had just been inspected, we had to call the front desk because the DVD players were not working, one of the fireplaces and our coffee pot were broken, and some light bulbs required changing. I do want to point out that the Stoweflake staff was very quick to respond to these issues when we called the front desk.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay there, but I really feel that some minor improvements have to be made to make the stay more in tune with modern expectations.

2  Thank Brkln71
StoweflakeGM, General Manager at Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Brlkn71,

Thank you for taking time to write a review and for mentioning the great performance of the staff at Stoweflake. They are always eager to assist guests and ensure everyone’s stay is enjoyable and memorable.

I would like to apologize that your stay in the townhome was not to your satisfaction. I will ensure the individual townhouse owners are aware of your concerns. You are correct that our newly installed, resort-wide wireless internet service during the holidays was slow. As luck would have it, we experienced major hardware issues during our busiest time of year. As calls came in we addressed each one to the best of our ability at the time. I can assure you, the next time you visit our wireless internet will perform beautifully.

I am happy you were able to take advantage of our ideal location and complimentary amenities like our sauna, hot tub, and pools. Our onsite restaurant and pub, Charlie B.'s, is a popular and comfortable place to be after a busy day in Stowe.

We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your returning to the Stoweflake on your next visit to Stowe.

Sheri Baraw Smith, General Manager, co-owner, Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed in a townhouse this Dec for a short ski trip. On arrival my first impression was poor, as the receptionist was a glum man with no hint of a smile on his face. The townhouse itself is very spacious and clean, but the decor was more than a tad uninspired (mud colored curtains and bedspreads) - rather '80s and drab. The mattress was lumpy and we being hard bed fans did not have a good sleep.

Over 3 days we found the service to be hit and miss. We had trouble connecting to the wi-fi throughout our stay, and upon us calling to report this they said they would come and fix it for us. This did not happen. To their credit, they did send someone right away when we reported problems starting the fireplace. I saw 2 other receptionists, both of whom were much nicer than the initial one.
Overall this was a middle of the road experience - nothing nasty but nothing special to write home about either. I'd say this is a good base especially for families, because the townhouses are so spacious, and decent for visitors who mostly go outside to explore during the day. I would go for nearby choices in a similar or slightly higher price band if I visit again.

1  Thank londoner_sylviah
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Fast and easy check in process. We even decided to upgrade to a room with a fireplace. Highly recommend it! We ate at the restaurant for breakfast and ordered once from room service both experiences were excellent. That only complaint is that the treadmills in the fitness facility were outdated but other then that no complaints!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple