Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$94
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$109
$82
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$200
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$213
$199
  • Pool
Innsbruck Inn At Stowe(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$69
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$112
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$135
$95
The Stowehof(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$88
Topnotch Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$183
All reviewsmineral bathmountain resortindoor poolgas fireplacebedroom townhousenice resortsteam roomrecommend this resortgreat amenitiesski weekendthe main hotelcookiesgreen mountain coffeehot tubroom was largeoff seasonbit dated
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Spent a great weekend at Stoweflake. Dogs are allowed on the property and there were a # of guests with pooches. They didn't cause any issues at all, and this should only serve to add to the good reputation of this hotel. Very nice pool area in Summer, with open air bar area, drink service, etc. The best part about the place is the location, across the street from weekly farmer's market, right on the rec. path, and close enough to walk to a # of places, though a car is needed to get to town or father up the mtn. road.

The restaurant on site "winfield's" is OK, many other good places to eat, but it is a fine option for a drink or an appetizer you can charge to the room.

This is a nice place, clean, bed was a bit soft for me, but others would like it. Room had a small fridge, Keurig machine, and was large.

Good home base to explore Stowe.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We also booked this through priceline and I totally regret it. We received a deluxe room that is a terrible disappointment. The thing I hate the most and that we'll mess up my entire stay is the awfull room smell. I cannot describe the smell but it is horrible and I doubt I' ll be able to sleep. It is a combination of old, mold, musty etc. I do not like anything about the room, and it is definitely worst than a holiday inn. Everything is dated, the sheets are 45% polyester (isn't this terrible especially at a supposedly 4 diamond resort?), wallpaper, the fixtures are terrible looking etc. I complained about he room smell and I was shown some other rooms next to ours that all smell the same, as well as more upgraded rooms that were better but we had to pay a price difference, which we definitely did not want to, especially considering that they have specials on their website selling their luxury rooms at a lower price than we paid on Priceline. Overall, super big regret that we booked this hotel when we could have stayed in a much nicer resort for the same money. I would not stay here again and do not recommend this resort. They may have some 4 star rooms but certainly many of their rooms are 1-2 stars at he most. I forgot the mention that their indoor pool was closed due to chemical contamination, and the outdoor pool looked very dirty and unsafe to swim in.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelLover77_5
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear TravelLover77 5,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We strive to deliver the highest value to our guests, and comments like yours are essential in helping us to do so. I am truly sorry you were unhappy with your experience.

We take great pride in keeping our Sports & Fitness Center well-maintained and clean to ensure a safe experience for all our guests. However, you are correct and I do apologize that our pool was closed that day for routine maintenance. Stoweflake is well-known for its plentiful and more importantly, complimentary onsite amenities such as our game room, tennis courts, 9-hole golf course, croquet, horse shoes, volleyball, fitness centers, and so much more. If you decide to give us another try, please do take full advantage of all that Stoweflake has to offer.

Our rates will fluctuate with the market; however, we did have an extended-stay sale on our web site. When a guest chooses Priceline, which also has price fluctuations based on demand and other hotels which are bidding, there is no minimum stay requirement which makes them a great value-based option.

I am also sorry to hear you did not find value in your room. Based on your feedback, we will continue to look for ways we can increase both the level of quality and value experienced by our guests. If you would like to discuss the details of your stay further, please contact me, Sheri Baraw Smith, at sherib@stoweflake.com

Sheri Baraw Smith, General Manager, VP, Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa

Reviewed May 13, 2012

To be fair, we were trying to use Hotwire to get ourselves a good hotel at a discount and were pretty sure with the amenities listed, we were getting one of the top 3. When it was revealed that the mystery hotel was the Stoweflake, we shook it off as the website looked decent and were just stoked to get into the mountains.

Long story short, the website is misleading when it says every room has a jacuzzi and a fireplace. The pic also showed Tv facing the bed. The jacuzzi is actually just your regular built in tub with a couple of jets added and no fireplace(maybe that one was our misunderstanding). The TV faces another wall. We still were in OK spirits even though the hotel wasn't as pretty or up to date as we had hoped( gramma style furnishings, old yellow paint and they list as available upgrades a VCR).

We went to the front desk to request a different room layout to face the TV.OK - I know what you are thinking...what's with the TV fetish. We don't have cable and enjoy watching American TV at the end of the day. But I digress... At the front desk, the teenager laughed with her friend and said they have no rooms of my type available, but if we pay $50 a night more they would upgrade. Let me just say that the hotel was EMPTY. Low season on a Thursday. I Would have paid the difference if It would have been worth it(it WAS my anniversary), but looking around I would rather spend the money on visitor fees at a better "resort". That we did and it made all the difference.

To sum up: Hotel is dated, but clean. Spa has good reviews in the past, but we didn't visit as we found better looking hotels that had better scenery up the mountain and better attitudes. Think of this as a Holiday Inn(an old one) with some nice property, but not really mountain views.Our room had a fridge and hair dryer. Our biggest disappointment was seeing that if we paid a little more we could have had a better place like the TopNotch resort or Stowe Mountain Lodge. At least we got to spend our days there.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to offer your feedback on TripAdvisor. Our goal at Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa is to consistently deliver the highest quality experience to our guests and comments like yours are invaluable in helping us to do so. I am sorry to hear you did not find value in our resort’s offerings, particularly your room. I am also disappointed to hear we did not respond to your request in an appropriate fashion.

Based on your feedback, we are working closely with our Guest Service department to ensure our guests experience a consistently high level of service and value. Although our Deluxe level rooms do not list the Jacuzzi tub or gas fireplace on our web site, we are reviewing how Hotwire presents these rooms.

We would love to have another opportunity to have you back as a guest and experience our exceptional service and plentiful amenities that we are noted for. Please contact me directly, Sheri Baraw Smith, General Manager, VP at sherib@stoweflake.com.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

First of all, my husband and I showed up on the wrong weekend. Not sure how I messed this up, but when I looked at my confirmation, there it was for the following weekend. Even though they had a huge conference going on, they juggled things so we could stay the weekend and in a room comparable to the one we'd booked. Whew!

We really enjoyed the spa. My pedi was so relaxing and the thermal bath and waterfall are coed so my husband and I could relax there together. He also spent time in the fitness center, which he had all to himself. (It was a beautiful day so maybe it gets more crowded depending on the weather.)

No complaints about the room. The bathroom was luxurious with a huge jacuzzi-style tub and separate shower.

We never ate at either restaurant as there were too many other options for fine dining, it seemed silly not to try as many as we could. We did listen to music on Saturday night at Charlie B's. The singer, whom I believe is there every week, sings American standards from the 1930's and 40's. Think Woody Guthrie. You Are My Sunshine. I liked it but was looking for something a little livelier on a Saturday night. I would have enjoyed him more at a Sunday brunch.

I guess my one complaint would be that there could have been more info about both Stoweflake and the area. It was kind of generic. I didn't even know there was a gameroom until I read it here, after our trip! Also, it states that the outdoor pool is open year-round but when we checked it out on Friday (early afternoon), it was all closed up. We happened to walk by on Sunday and there were people enjoying the pool. I'm not sure what happened but it was one of the things we had been looking forward to.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

we stayed here last weekend. it's the 3rd. yr.we came to celebrate my wifes birthday and our friends at the stoweflake, once again, did not disappoint.. the hotel was busy yet we never felt crowded and it was always quiet. the spa as always was wonderful.breakfast both days was nice and we had a fun happy hour in the bar one afternoon.the bar special sangria was tasty.i only would say the choice of music in the restaurant area could be better, nitpicking here,just the small things make good ...great .nice fireplace in several locations. nice afternoon tea,my wife enjoyed. lots of walking room ... the little 9 hole course was open early this year. stowe is a fun town and the stoweflake is our home base for keeps when we visit. thanks for the hospitality !!

Room Tip: we love the rooms with a fireplace ...also one side of the property has amazing view of mount mansfield....stowe mountain.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear stevenclark_10,

We so appreciate your taking the time to write a review on our staff and property. It’s wonderful to hear from a repeat guest and that you chose Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa for your wife's birthday getaway. Please don't ever hesitate to let us know about the small things, they really do count! It's a great privilege for us to continue to provide you with excellent service whether you’re here for business or pleasure. We hope to see you again soon!

Sheri Baraw Smith, General Manager, VP, Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, sherib@stoweflake.com