Overall, this was a great experience. The resort is situated near many attractions, and has it's own golf course, hot air balloons, spa, bar, and bistro. The whole resort is very casual, which is fine but I definitely felt that it was quite dated. I paid extra to stay in the Luxury King Spa Premium room. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The jacuzzi was obviously quite old (and very loud). The room was clean, and the service was quite friendly. We decided it would be convenient to eat at the Bistro. I felt like it was quite overpriced for the overly salted, ill-conceived dishes. It took forever to get our food as well. The presentation of the meals were lovely, but the food was salty, not cooked properly, and the flavors did not blend well. The wine menu was very impressive, though. I feel we should have eaten at the more casual Charlie B's which is also onsite. We ate there for breakfast, and it was amazing. I suggest prepaying for breakfast, then you can order whatever you want-it will be a better value more than likely anyway (currently online that costs 15 dollars per person). I had the Eggs Benedict with Salmon over an english muffin and it was spectacular-very likley the best breakfast I've ever had.
The coffee at the resort is all Green Mountain Coffee-a local delicious coffee.
We took advantage of the spa for aroma-therapy massages before we left, and that was spectacular. There are steam rooms, jacuzzis, a waterfall massage pool, mineral pool, and saunas all available for use to spa visitors. The sanctuary had complimentary fruit, juice, coffee, water, and lounge chairs with magazines. Great experience.
Stay here if you're looking for a great spa and easily accessible food and attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa is a full-service resort ideally located in the heart of Stowe. Owned and operated by the Baraw family for fifty years, the AAA 4-diamond property is home to an unparalleled array of amenities and facilities, including a 50,000 square foot world class spa, an award-winning restaurant, elegant accommodations, and the largest resort-based conference center in Vermont.Stoweflake is situated on 60 acres and includes golf facilities, clay tennis courts, play areas, indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor Jacuzzi, and groomed XC trails. Within walking distance is a wide variety of popular restaurants, pubs and specialty shops to explore.Visit us soon for a relaxing retreat or an adventurous mountain getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort And Spa
- Stoweflake Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa Stowe, Vermont