I'm a little late on this review, but I was updating my TripAdvisor profile and realized I never posted it, so here we go...
First, a little information: the trip to VT was to prepare for my March 8 destination wedding in Stowe. My mother and I spent our time making final wedding arrangements, while my brother was along to go skiing.
I stayed at this inn for four days between Christmas and New Year. I chose it because of the fact that I was able to get a room large enough for three people for under $200 a night. It was one of the cheapest that I could find for that holiday week at a place that didn't look like a complete hole.
The other hotel that I seriously looked at booking was the Best Western in Waterbury, and I chose this one because of its location. They were the same price per night, and this inn is actually in Stowe. The Best Western is a 15 minute drive away from the town. The Mountaineer in is very close to Stowe Mountain Resort, and the Stowe shuttle bus has a stop right next door. My brother took advantage of the shuttle to go up to the mountain, and was glad that the stop was so close by.
Now, about the Inn. The room was very nice and clean. It's definitely not the Plaza, but if that's the type of thing your'e looking for then you are in the wrong place. It was a nice size for three people, at no time did I feel cramped. There was a balcony outside the room, which was nice. The balcony is attached to all the other rooms though, so don't go leaving stuff out there.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub were nice, nothing really noteworthy there. The breakfast was a pretty standard buffet, pancakes/bacon/eggs/ etc. Once again, not bad, but nothing really noteworthy. The highlight was the free WiFi that was available in the common room. Bring your laptop. There is also a computer that is free for the guests to use.
Overall, I was happy with my stay here. I would reccomend this inn to groups of people who are coming to Stowe to ski and need somewhere affordable to sleep at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a budget Inn that is located just 3 miles from Main Street, and just 3.5 miles from the famous Mount Mansfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mountaineer Inn at Stowe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mountaineer Inn At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- The Mountaineer Hotel Stowe
- Mountaineer Hotel Stowe
- The Mountaineer Inn At Stowe Vermont