The Mountaineer Inn at Stowe
Green Mountain Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Commodores Inn(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$94
Stowe Motel & Snowdrift(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$109
$82
Stowe Mountain Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Pool
Trapp Family Lodge(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$200
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$135
$95
Sun & Ski Inn and Suites(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$112
The Stowehof(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$88
Topnotch Resort(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$195
Agoda.com
Innsbruck Inn At Stowe(Stowe)(Great Value!)
$69
$66
All reviewsroom was cleanbeautiful rivergiant hot tubblow dryerheat lampthe hotel is pet friendlyworked finepleasant stayfresh fruitincluded breakfastski seasonshort drivebackyardlawnjetslodgingwinter
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Perhaps the reviews previous to this (all 2009 and before) applied in their day but they might as well be talking about a different place now. My girlfriend and I stayed here for a wedding over a long weekend, we found the room to be pleasant, clean and pretty well appointed. We loved the little individual porches that each of the room at the front of the hotel had, while we didn't have a chance to check out the swimming pool and hot tub/jacuzzi we heard good reports from others in our party. The service was excellent for an establishment of its size, the manager (?) even opened up the bar for us after he had closed up and responded very quickly to our many and varied requests throughout the weekend.

All told we very much enjoyed our stay, the only negatives were that there was no hairdryer or iron (but were brought prompted upon request) and the chairs on the outside deck needed to be wiped down (but then in fall everything outside does).

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front, not noisy and you get a private porch
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed here mainly because they allowed pets. The location and setting were great. The room was clean but needed some cosmetic work. The staff was very friendly and provided great suggestions for restaraunts. We did have one complaint. We asked that our room not be cleaned as we were leaving our dog in the room while we went out. She is very shy and were afraid she would be frightened. I had also been told when I made the reservation that they would not clean a room if a animal was not penned-she was not. When we returned the room had been cleaned and the dog was hiding in the closet.

Also, they do not have a restaraunt. They did provide a contiental breakfast, which was cereal in tupperware containers and bagels. There are great places to eat nearby though.

It was very quiet and great for just a relaxing weekend!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Stayed two nights. Second time visitor, but things have gotten really bad since first visit a few years ago. Totally run down, which would be acceptable if it were clean...but it wasn't. Bathroom was grubby, my "own private deck" contained two broken, filthy chairs with a moldy, filthy plastic table. Room was dark and hot, no matter how long the AC ran. Didn't get maid service ("sorry!" was response) - emptied the trash and got my own clean towels. The employees were nice - they just didn't care.

The website and brochure depict what the inn COULD be if somebody cared.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank FaithJC
Reviewed December 16, 2008

Booked a four-night stay here with my family by going directly to the hotel's website; trip was 8 weeks off and I booked it on a Thursday afternoon. Provided the information and received an e-mail with a confirmation number that night -- all looked good to go.

The following Monday I receive an e-mail saying they can't accommodate my request and maybe I'd like to stay another time. Huh? I have a confirmed reservation -- e-mail says so. So I call, and the desk clerk tells me that the online booking system isn't really tied into their reservation system. Once the bookings are made online, hotel staff have to collect them and manually put them into the REAL reservation system, and in the interval what you thought were your rooms (and for which you have received a confirmed reservation) may be gone. And that interval for me was FOUR DAYS, during which, as the clerk explained, "rooms are going fast." Yeah, that's why I made a reservation.

This sounds to me too monumentally preposterous a way of doing business to be true, so the clerk promises the manager will call me. He doesn't, but he does send me a smart-alecky e-mail in which he confirms this ridiculous "reservation" system and says that he waited four days to tell me "to see if there were any cancellations that would allow us to accommodate you." This while rooms all over Stowe, like his, are being snapped up.

He closes by saying he's sorry this happened to me but "I am glad there is still time prior to your arrival. It beats having this conversation upon your arrival doesn’t it?". So I should be grateful that he confessed his incompetence four days after he confirmed a reservation that didn't really exist rather than 8 weeks after?

If they are this bad at simply making reservations, I can’t imagine they’re any better at performing the other basic functions of a hotel.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Ramjet81
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Just about OK for a one night stay...The room was small with very poor lighting, no tea or coffee making facilities and a bed which was like sleeping on a plank. There were no spare pillows in the room.

The bathroom was decent size with a shower enclosure over the bath. However there was no bathmat.

Patio door leading to small deck area with seats.

The food was OK, this was a meal pre-booked for a tour group and was a reasonable price considering there was nothing else available in the area for a tour group.

I would not choose to stay here again, it is what it is described as a ski resort hotel and quite basic.

Internet facilities in lobby which were not working when we tried.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SENORAWestMidlands