“Quintessential B&B with all the charm and delight that is to be expected”
Review of Brass Lantern Inn

Brass Lantern Inn
Ranked #1 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 11, 2011

We had a wonderful time here at the Brass Lantern Inn. The place was very cute and comfortable. Stayed in Room #9 and it was perfect. George (owner/chef) makes the most wonderful breakfast. His eggs with an herb mix are simply magnificent. MaryAnne (owner) is extremely nice and offers places to visit/eat. Very accomidating and made our vacation so relaxing. I know that if I am ever back in Stowe, I will definetely stay here!! It is close to Main Street and has wonderful views of the mountain (especially during breakfast - large window with table right in the middle).

There was nothing here that I didn't like. Comfy bed, clean room, nice amenities (loved having a Kuerig!). I wouldn't call this place the most luxurious place I have ever stayed (it's a B&B, not a resort, which is what I was looking for), but it's definitely on the top of my list to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Stowe, VT to celebrate our anniversary and the New Year. The Inn was decorated beautifully for the holidays. There was a roaring fire in the fireplace, books, game, television and a beautiful old grand piano in the living room. Our bedroom was cozy and clean. At "tea time" Maryanne made the most delicious homemade cookies (she even shared the recipe with me!) The breakfast that George made was filling and very, very good.

The innkeepers were friendly and knowledgeable. The town of Stowe was fantastic - our only regret is that we did not book extra nights for this stay. A perfect long weekend.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2011

This is the second year in a row we've stayed at The Brass Lantern Inn. I cannot say enough good things about it. George and Mary Anne make you feel so at home. Breakfast is delicious. The beds are cozy. The rooms are pristine. This has officially become "our place" in Stowe.

Reviewed December 30, 2010

My husband and I stayed here over Christmas and loved every part of our stay. George and Mary Anne are very warm and welcoming and love to help with anything they can. George is an amazing cook and serves incredible breakfasts everyday. I was sad I didn't get to experience his chocolate chip pancakes. Our family stayed at the Green Mountain Inn and were jealous of our breakfast. We stayed in one of the rooms that has a view of Mt Mansfield and we had a fireplace that we used all the time.

The Brass Lantern is very close to all that Stowe has to offer, including the ski slopes. George and Mary Anne are also able to recommend activities and restaurants to enjoy. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone and we hope to stay there again in the future.

Thanks for making the Brass Lantern a home away from home George and Mary Anne.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

The Inn was charming and warm. George and Mary Ann were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Our room was clean, well-maintained, cozy, and comfortable, and was the perfect retreat from a few very cold days. The breakfast each morning was delicious and was almost made to order. Located just off the main road in Stowe Village the inn was easily accessible to all sorts of restaurants, and the innkeepers were very helpful in offering suggestions on where to eat since it was our first time to Stowe. Also, the inn was a very short drive to and from the slopes if that's where you are heading. We will definitely be going back for another stay.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

I was lucky enough to stay at the Brass Lantern Inn this Thanksgiving night. George and Marianne provided an excellent traditional Thanksgiving dinner for guests. I, though, was invited to eat dinner with the family and had a wonderful time. Breakfast the next morning was superb with freshly cut fruit, Belgium waffels with a special sauce that George makes, great coffee and even more food. George and Marianne are natural innkeepers. They and their family saw to everything to make my stay comfortable. The inn is clean, the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet--just a great get-away for me. Even though I don't have to travel too far to get to Stowe, the Brass Lantern Inn hit the spot for a totally enjoyable overnight.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Sometimes when you are approaching your next vacation "home" you can experience a mixture of apprehension and excitement. We are so glad we chose The Brass Lantern Inn! From the moment we walked in the door on a very wet and windy evening we were made to feel so welcome by George and Mary Anne, in fact part of the family and this set the scene for the rest of our stay. The room was excellent and refurbished daily with chocolates! George's "gourmet" breakfasts were a daily treat along with the wide range of tea and delicious home made cookies awaiting us on return from our adventures each day. The views from the comfortable lounge and breakfast room towards Mount Mansfield were superb. The genuine interest shown by George and Mary Anne in our welfare and vacation and their recommendations for excursions and restaurants were the "icing on the cake" and served to make our stay a really memorable experience!
We thoroughly recommend this inn to other travellers.
Travellers tips - pack your swim suits for a hot tub experience under the stars and ask for a room at the back for mountain views!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple