“Fun and Quick Climb” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mount Mansfield

Mount Mansfield
Ranked #2 of 59 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Owner description: Vermont mountain resembling a person's profile.
Utica, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun and Quick Climb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We headed up to the Chin from 108. The climb was steep but short and the views were well worth it. Not recommended in bad weather!

• Hebrew first
Pembroke, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gondola ride and lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I wanted to do something fun together so we thought it would be neat to ride the gondolas up the mountain. We enjoy doing those kind of things; escpecially when there is an amazing view. It was nice because we got to ride in our own gondola together (usually they seat 8 people). I liked the fact that we were alone together. The only complaint I have is that the gondolas moved too fast. I was hoping for the ride to the top to last longer than it did. Once we got to the top of the mountain, we took in beautiful views. I really enjoyed it. We took lots of pictures. Then we went inside and had lunch in the restaurant. I was really impressed with the service and the food. We had a window seat so we were able to enjoy more of the view while we ate. Then we went to the gift shop and bought some souvenirs. We rode the gondola back down the mountain. Again, they seemed to be moving faster than I would have liked, but overall, I had a really great time. It was an enjoyable experience.

1 Thank Susan S
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice hike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We took the gondola up the mountain and hiked up the chin. It was a much harder hike then I anticipated, but well marked. The views were beautiful from the top!

Jersey shore
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Loved it, but be prepared!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We hike Madonna mountain every July . . and hike all over the place the rest of the year. I usually find that difficulty ratings tend to err on the side of caution. Well, this time . . the rating was not kidding! We took the long trail up and down the same way (took the aptly named Profanity trail part of the way back down), but there are lots of options. If you are hiking up from the bottom, definitely have footwear appropriate for climbing/scrambling, PLENTY of water, a layer and bug spray for the summit. The views are stunning and it is wonderful to be up in the clouds as well. We are so glad we did it.

Montreal, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful scenic views on Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks behind. When the weather is very clear there no problem to see Montréal city (the buildings and Mont Royal). The hike (up and return) can be done within 4h (we hike often, but not very fast) so 1/2 a day in summer. Enjoy!

Visited June 2013

Been to Mount Mansfield? Share your experiences!