“Great and comfortable B&B”
Review of The Gables Inn

The Gables Inn
Ranked #5 of 22 Stowe B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at the Gables Inn for four days late July and had a wounderful experience!
The owners are very nice, funny, resourceful and generous. Our room was great and very confortable (we felt at home). Our bed was huge and we slept beautifully even if the B&B is close to the 108 (no car noise could be heard from our room).

The B&B is very well located in Stowe (close by to restaurants and shops, but not too much) and in the middle of the various access points to hiking trails. There is WiFi, a pool, nice vegetation in the surroundings and great variety of delicious and generous breakfasts (although a bit more protein than fruit and vegetable oriented - see online menu).

The only difficulty we had was with the policy with towel changes that the cleaning person was not applying for some unknown reason. This did not cause a problem as when we asked the owners for what was missing we had it easily and without fuss.

So, we loved our experienced and will come back!

Room Tip: we stayed in what I think is a suite or Carrige house. The fact that it is a very large room made th...
Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I love this place! Plain and simple this B&B is, as New England as a Boston accent! I come up to Stowe about 2 to 3 times a year and stay here every time. I bring my lab Duke whom the owners know by name. You really couldn't ask for nicer owners! They treat you like family, when you get back from the mountain at the end of the day there's hot soup and cider along with great conversation from both owners as well as other guests. The living room is where everyone meets at the end of the day and swaps stories. The room I stay in is the carriage house with my dog, it has a fireplace and is very comfortable. The price is excellent and the breakfast is other-worldly! Its like my second home! Its safe to say I'll be returning

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Stoweluv
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed here for only a night but it was such a great time. The owner is a really great guy and was very accomedating to his guests. Rooms were on the small side but for the price that was not an issue. Great showers that don't skimp on pressure or volume like some hotels. Very comfy beds. Free wifi was very nice, fast, and easy to use. Pool was cold but great on a hot summer night. This place is also within walking distance of some shops, restaurants and bars, yet isn't on a very traveled road which is just great for this section of Vermont. I personally loved the homey feel of the place, it felt like coming home to a quintessential Vermont home where you are treated like a guest in someones home. Best part was the free breakfast, they say it is the best in Stowe, but I would say it is probably the best in Vermont.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We spent 2 nights at the Gables and it was WONDERFUL!!!! The owners were the NICEST people! We were attracted to the low price and included breakfast, and we were VERY impressed! The breakfast was excellent: filling, lots of options, and DELICIOUS! The B&B was very cute and cozy. Very friendly (especially the dog, Yogi). The room was clean, and nicely furnished, the bed was nice and warm. Great water pressure in the HOT shower. Wished we had brought our suits for the HOT TUB. The wi-fi was nice. Very centrally located. The owners even put out FREE HOME MADE soup in the afternoon. Loved this place, and CANNOT wait to stay again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stayed with Randy & Annette for our ski trip to Stowe. It was perfect. So much nicer than staying in a bland hotel with no atmosphere. Arriving at the Gables Inn, you are sure to be greeted by Yogi, who my girls adored. The atmosphere is great and you instantly feel like one of the family. We stayed in one of the Carriage House rooms which was perfect for us; nice and spacious and a comfy bed. Breakfast was excellent, especially the specials which are some of the most imaginative choices I've seen anywhere in my broad experience of American diners - my favourite was the smoked salmon risotto! The soup, hot cider and cake in the afternoon was a perfect way to relax after a day's skiing and it's lovely to be able to share your days adventures with the other residents and Randy.
Stowe is a lovely town and the Gables Inn is placed nicely within it to give easy reach to all the restaurants and bars and also to the ski slopes. I had originally thought we might need to drive to other resorts, but we were more than happy with the selection of ski runs available during our 5 day stay.
When we return to Stowe we will definitely be returning to the Gables Inn, thank you!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AndyS-UK
Reviewed January 20, 2011

WOW great place to stay. The staff or owners make it like your own home, you sit and lounge around the fire place and watch TV. they let you use their own kitchen. Take the $5 omelette it's juicy, thick and very tasty.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I grew up in Vermont and the Gables Inn reminds me of my Grandma's home. After a day on the slopes we looked forward to Randy's hot cider, warm fire and soup ( Although my gumbo is better :>) )..... My wife and I have been a guest of the Inn three times now and we will be back for a forth...... I JUST REALLY LIKE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple