“Great Food and Hospitality!”

Rimrocks Mtn. Tavern
Ranked #46 of 104 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Established in 2004 Rimrock's was created initially as a cozy place with a full bar in 2004. The menu was limited, but the decor was rustic with a real local feel. In 2008, Rimrock's expanded by adding a full kitchen, a bigger bar, more draft beer, and flat screen televisions. In 2011, Rimrock's expanded once again by adding more bathrooms and a game room. Whether you are a family, sports fan, dance enthusiast, beer connoisseur, live music person, or are just looking to get some great food at a reasonable price, Rimrock's has morphed into a one stop shop. Come on in and give us a try!
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We arrived in Stowe (our first time in Vermont) for a two week vacation on January 19, 2014. On our second night in town, we stopped in this tavern for some food and local beer. We were more than pleased with the quality and quantity of the food and the prices, and the variety of beers, but what was most impressive was the hospitality of the owner, his employees, and the customers. It reminded us of a "Cheers" atmosphere because the people were just down to earth and friendly. They have a great game room with billiards, interactive video games, and snow cross mobiles, and they are most trustworthy if, after you have eaten, you would like to keep your tab open while you are in their game room. We went back a second night, and they remembered us and treated us as one of their own. We plan to return next year, and Rimrocks will be on our agenda. b.t.w....we recommend the chili nachos, burgers, and the beef tips w/mashed potatoes and asparagus.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I noticed if a local in Stowe hears you mention Rimrock's the kind of roll their eyes. I can see why. I think Rimrock's is probably where all the college kids go on a Saturday night if they're in Stowe on spring break. Perhaps it's good for that. Otherwise it's pretty forgettable. Last year I stopped into Rimrock's every visit because there was a hot bartender working. This time I stopped in and was served by a dude in his forties. Suddenly, I saw it for what it is. Not good, not bad, just kinda so so. The bartender was serving one of his coworkers who apparently had off that night. The man was drunk as a skunk and obnoxious as can be. We were glad when a bus load of Asian students arrived to distract his attention from us. This guy hit on every single girl in the group and was hanging all over them. I felt bad for them, and a little embarrassed. I'm sure the guy working the bar that night was in a tough spot, but his buddy really should have been thrown out.

Rimrock's just has no flavor. So many good bars in Stowe, this one just isn't a must. I even hit a dog in the parking lot.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went for a NFL playoff game and they were understaffed only 3 staff on hand. The place was packed, only ordered wings and beer because could not get service after that. Waitress was fun and energetic but just way too much business for the staff on hand.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Still not sure why there's always a DJ here... The beer list is pretty good, but the food is meh. All the portions are too large! However, the spicy pulled pork nachos won my heart.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I were dying to get out of our hotel and try a local spot. We looked up Rim Rocks on tripadvisor and liked the reviews so we tried it out. We were worried about being tourists at a local spot, but the staff couldn't have been nicer. The bartender, Adele recommended a great cider for me to drink, and another gentlemen gave up his seat so my boyfriend could sit down. I had the burger, it was cooked perfectly and my boyfriend had the jerk chicken wrap with sweet potatoe fries. Both our plates were cleaned!! What impressed me the most about this place were the servers and bartenders hustling all night and referring to most clients by name. At the end of the night, one of the servers invited us to come by for the NYE party and almost had us sold when he said they were making 200 breakfast sandwiches at midnight. Great local spot!