“Attentive staff and tasty food!”
Review of Solstice

Solstice
Reserve with OpenTable
Solstice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Base of Stowe Mountain Resort
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Attentive staff and tasty food!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I always sit at the Hour Glass bar out front of the restaurant - not sure if it is the same food but cannot seem to find Hour Glass to review it. I have had dinner here and a couple lunches and was always pleased. The last time I went took the cake! I have a gluten allergy and these guys have a gluten free menu now! And it is not small…sandwiches…burgers…entrees…satisfying food prepared with care. I thoroughly enjoyed eating a sandwich! I also enjoyed the warm cocktails and warm service. There is always somebody waiting to help you and it is a comfortable bar to dine at. Personally I would rather pay a bit more money to sit at this bar and enjoy a meal rather then head into the cafeteria style food that you can find on the mountain that is not nearly as good and not much cheaper or faster.

• Visited December 2013
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Solstice, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff, service and food. Your feedback is very important to our efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction: we strive to do the best job we can, and letters like yours make it all worthwhile.

I've shared your comments with all of our staff, and I know they take compliments like yours as seriously as I did.

orlando
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food and service were lack luster. For a restaurant that boasts such high reviews and requires advanced reservations, I was expecting much, much more.

Visited January 2014
Thank you for your review. It was brought to my attention that you were not satisfied with your experience in our restaurant. I want to take this opportunity to apologize and communicate that we are taking actions to eliminate the problems you mentioned with your “lack luster” experience.
Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Good, but resort priced.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The food was good. Not great, but not bad by any means. My wife and I shared a house salad. It was a standard Vermont field greens, cheese, walnuts and cranberries. (It's like the unofficial, official state salad.) They plated it on 2 dishes for us. I had a NY Strip which (for whatever reason) had all the fat trimmed off. (I know, you think they did me a favor,but I originally wanted a burger from the bar menu and they wouldn't let me order it there. So the strip with fries was a type of compromise. Well with no fat and no juices the fries went unaccompanied. It didn't satisfy my craving.) It was under cooked and I had to send it back, but it came back correctly and everyone was quite apologetic. My wife had the natural chicken, she loved it. We each had a glass of wine and paid $125 with tip. As I alluded the service was good, but overall not the price you'd normally pay unless you're at a resort, which you are.

• Visited February 2014
Randolph, Vermont
“Depends What You are Looking For”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you are from New Jersey ... or Dubai ... or Texas, and you are looking for a world class ski vacation experience, and money is no object, then you will probably enjoy the place. Stowe is as good a mountain as you can find in the East. The Lodge is spectacularly opulent (despite a decor that seems to have been lifted right out of a Sixties sitcom). The views are spectacular, the food good, and the service attentive. This will be a 5-star place for you.

If you are looking for an authentic Vermont experience, decent value, or anything resembling genuine, then there are better options. It's worth a visit once at least to ask yourself "What could this architect (and these investors) have been thinking?"

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank StepMorris1
ny
“Nice menu”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very good food. The dining room is nice but could be a little more special. I would eat there again for sure.

Visited January 2014
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Solstice, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your review of Solstice. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed your dining experience. Our goal is to create a special environment and we'd welcome your feedback on how to do so. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Director of Food & Beverage

Been to Solstice? Share your experiences!