“Great resort in friendly town”

Stowe Mountain Resort
Ranked #5 of 62 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Owner description: A classic Vermont ski getaway, popular with families because of its excellent ski/snowboard school and child-friendly amenities.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Easy to get to about 45 minutes from Burlington airport, ample parking, easy to rent or buy your gear, & lift tickets. I took a snowboard lesson with Alex, and he was a great teacher, it was supposed to be a group lesson but it was just me (I almost paid for a private lesson but the lady at the counter advised me that my group would be small and saved me some money)
The gondola to the top was really cool!
I am looking forward to returning!!

There are newer reviews for Stowe Mountain Resort

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The terrain and amenities make this the best place to ski in the East. The snow-making and grooming makes for great skiing even if Mother Nature doesn't provide the optimum conditions and when she does you can't bet it. Plus the food is great - how many ski lodges can say that?

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here through an RCI timeshare and really enjoyed our time. We had a 3bdrm with a pull-out sleeper sofa and they even provided us with a blow-up air mattress as well. There is a lot of space to relax and our unit even had a large private outdoor patio with a table and chairs.
There is also a pool area which we unfortunately did not take advantage of.
The front desk has coffee in the morning if you didn't bring you own. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you may need to prepare your own meals.
The location is great, with easy access to nearby stores, restaurants and sites.

2  Thank seekingsunshine_1020
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went up the ski lift in and it was worth the price as the views from the top of Mount Mansfield are beautiful. We also had lunch in the restaurant which was very good.
How refreshing not to find the usual tacky tourist shops and shopping malls that spoil so many areas of natural beauty.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I won the trip on a charity website. The drive was breathtaking. We went in summer and did so much cool stuff. We took a gondola ride [enclosed ski lift[ up Mt. Mansfield and hiked at the top. Golfing on Stowe`s course was the greatest course I have ever seen! So beautiful. Went into town and rented a canoe and had a picnic on the side of the lake. Hung out at the pool and Jacuzzi every night. Just know that it is a resort in a higher class area so it`s pricey. But, if you choose selectively you can stretch your dollar and take advantage of everything. The golfing was included in my win, but normally it would be $195 to play that course. Restaurant, Solstice, on the property is pricey and the portions are smaller but it was good food.

1  Thank Colleen D