“Beautiful!”

Smugglers Notch State Park
Ranked #3 of 36 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Owner description: This narrow path through thousand-foot cliffs, once a smuggling route into Canada, is now a park used for biking, hiking, picnicking and rockclimbing.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

lovely trails but be sure to check on-line or at the kiosk ahead of time to know the trail as the markings are limited. beautiful streams and woodland trails. We did not climb - simply staid along the lower trails and it was easy.

All reviews
"whole family"
in 3 reviews
"mount mansfield"

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The view was breath taking! Absolutely amazing! I've never seen anything like it in my life! We were driving around bolders that were in the road. There were tight turns; at times I wasn't sure if there was enough room to make it through. I have been in notches before, being from New Hampshire. We have our fair share there, but I have never seen anything like this in my life!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Not to be missed if you are in Vermont! The drive through the Notch alone is exciting and beautiful. Be sure to get out and explore the many trails and caves. Giant boulders are everywhere. Bring a camera, great photo opportunities!

1  Thank braysmum
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'd been going to Stowe for a while before I discovered the notch, and it's awesome. Get out at a few of the parking spots and discover the nature. The caves in the notch were quite the surprise when we found them last year. Not sure exactly where they are on the notch, but I'm sure the tourist bureau can let you know.

1  Thank Lori S