“Excellent trails”

Trapp Family Lodge Outdoor Center
Ranked #7 of 75 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Trapp Family Lodge Outdoor Center the question isn’t what to do. The question is, where do you start? From sunrise to sunset, and in every season, there is an invigorating adventure or relaxing activity waiting for you at every turn. The Trapp Family Lodge is a 2,500 acre mecca for the outdoor and nature enthusiast. In the Winter there is cross country skiing, back country skiing and snowshoeing. In the Summer there is mountain biking, disc golf, hiking,Nordic walking and even concerts in our meadow. The lists go on and on for people of all ages!
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

We didn't stay at the lodge, but came for a half day to rent bikes and explore the property. The bike rental was easy and the guys working there were really great. The grounds are amazing with really well maintained trails. It was a great family activity. I highly recommend if you are in the area. It was one of the only activities in Stowe that we had to pay for but considering the quality of the bikes and trails, it was well worth it. Do this if you can!

All reviews
"buried"
"vermont"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2017

The venue for concerts at the Trapp Family Lodge is at the meadow filed which is expansive. The meadow setting of the Mozart Festival in early August was beautiful, surrounded by the mountains and adjacent to the outdoor center. Parking is plentiful and a picnic basket fits the event quite well.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

As my son and I pulled up to the lodge, I felt as if I was taken back to the alps of Bavaria. My mothers family is from Schleching and Traunstein. This reminded me of all the times I would sit and wait for the sun to rise over the mountains with my brothers.

1  Thank iculungman
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on our recent visit to Vermont as I love the history of the Von Trapp family and the Sound of Music is a favorite movie of mine. The lodge is beautiful and the views were amazing. It was a very peaceful setting and the photos of the family were nice to see.