“Trip with Kids”
Review of Topnotch Resort

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We have been to the TopNotch many times and this is the first time with our children (10, 9 and 7) We were hesitant to bring them as I have never seen many kids there, but we had a great time. The pools are very warm with towel and food service available. New this stay was the outdoor music which we really enjoyed. A Ben and Jerry's stand happen to be at the pool last weekend which the kids loved. We did use the bike trail across the street to ride into town and drove to other activities in the area (kayaking, swimming in the waterfalls, Ben and Jerry tour) We did not use the Kids Club that was advertised.

Doug our waiter at Flannels was very friendly and helpful as was the restaurant manager (not sure of his name) The Staff overall was very good this past weekend

We will return to the TopNotch

Room Tip: top floor rooms with higher ceilings
Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingwithkids321
Stephanie M, General Manager at Topnotch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you for you feedback! I am happy to hear that you and your children enjoyed our summer programming! We have had great comments regarding the music at the pool on the weekend, and who couldn't love Ben and Jerry's! It sounds like you had an enjoyable time experiencing Stowe, and I hope you consider a trip back with your family in the future! We are definitely family friendly! I will pass along your comments to Doug in Flannel. I appreciate you recognizing our team. He is certainly a wonderful asset to the staff, and does a great job! Please let me know if your travels bring you back to Stowe, and we will be sure to take great care of you and your family!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed at a resort house with a group of 6 people. The house is very big and well maintained. There is a fully functional kitchen (With fridges, freezers, stoves, microwaves, etc). The rooms are big and there is a nice comfy living room with a fireplace and TV. Topnotch also offers free rides to Stowe mountain, just make a call beforehand and somebody will come pick you up! The resort also has a huge recreational area with a swimming pool, jacuzzis and sauna. Great place!

Room Tip: Get a resort house if you have enough people!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank lesterk96
Stephanie M, General Manager at Topnotch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear Lesterk96,

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay at Topnotch! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in one of our resort homes. They give a nice alternative if you have several people that you are staying with and are looking for a larger accommodation. As you wrote, we also offer complimentary shuttle service in the area, which is a very popular feature in the area. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Spa and swimming options. I hope to see you back in the future, and thank you again for your kind words regarding Topnotch! We work very hard to give the best possible service to all of our customers.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just spent one night at Topnotch while passing through Stowe to visit family and had a great time. Staff were very friendly and hospitable. Food was great. Pool and hot tub were awesome. Would stay there again a thousand times over.

Room Tip: Facing the pool was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Topnotch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2015

Hi Batzer, thanks for sharing. We are thrilled you enjoyed the experience. Lets do it again soon and stay longer, kick back and chill.

Ciao

Bob

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We just got back from two nights at Topnotch. We have been there before and were pleasantly surprised to see that as it was renovated as it was well needed. The lobby is beautiful and modern and check in was smooth.and painless although our room was not ready but that was not a big deal.

We went to have lunch are were somewhat disappointed with the meal. The chicken salad had warm pulled chicken which on a hot day was quite frankly not appetizing. We ate the salad part and moved on to the pool. The pool was very crowded and not much place to sit. When I asked the attendant if he could find tow chairs he said "There is what there is" and was quite indifferent.

Pool is nice enough and pretty warm.

We got to our room which was nicely renovated and fresh. Nothing fancy but adequate. The downside was the air conditioner which was loud when it was running. Every time it turned on and off it was quite noticeable. Since these rooms were recently renovated I wonder why they could not come up with something a little better.

The 1st night we were nicely surprised by the concierge who left us two tickets to an outdoor concert. Very nice touch. In fact, the concierge throughout our trip was amazing. She helped with restaurant reservations and arranged a guide for hiking as well.

We did not eat dinner at the hotel as there are numerous great restos in the area.

The spa was nice but we both noticed that it was not attended to very well. Towels were left about and it seemed quite dirty. The treatments were average but not bad.

At $400/night, I expected a little more especially since it had been renovated.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room
1  Thank jeezer

Dear Jeezer,

Thank you very much for your response, and thank you for staying with us. I am sorry that we fell short in certain areas while you were with us, and apologize that we did not live up to all of your expectations. I have had conversations with our culinary team regarding your meal, and have also given feedback to our maintenance team and our pool service team. I also want to thank you for the positive feedback as well. We strive to give our guests a luxury experience, from arrival, and throughout your entire stay. If you would like to talk in person, please feel free to give me a call, I would certainly like any other feedback that you can give, so that we can enhance our services.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stowe is a perfect little Vermont town. I loved it and staying at this resort certainly add to that love.

The resort is subtle and elegant, it looks small when you drive up, but it is sprawling with outside seating areas, restaurants, outdoor and indoor pools and a fabulous, spacious spa.

My room was the perfect size, luxurious and stylishly, but simply, decorated. The white plantation shutters were a nice feature.

The bed was supremely comfortable with an iPod dock on the nightstand.

The bathroom was nice with bulk toiletries inside the shower and the towels were luxurious.

As with most high-end properties, almost nothing is included. The room had no fridge or microwave but did have a Keurig coffee machine and the parking and WIFI were free.

The concierge, Carole, was amazing, she was a font of knowledge, just fabulous.

I enjoyed dinner at Roost, the informal dining room, and it was very good.

This is a great place to relax and/or use as a base for outdoor adventures. I stayed two nights and it wasn't enough.

I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of the Topnotch Resort! Coming all the way from Australia, I am sure that you are a connoisseur of hotels throughout the world! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your entire stay, and I appreciate the comments about our colleague Carol. She has been with Topnotch for 20 years, and knows not only the resort backwards and forwards, but Stowe as well. I will forward your lovely comments to her.

Thank you again for your feedback, and if your travels ever bring you to Stowe again, I hope to welcome you back to Topnotch!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I have stayed there twice recently, once in the fall and once in the spring. Truly relaxing. Food was great (we would recommend the B&B formula). Bar ambiance is friendly. Spa is not cheap but services and facilities are excellent. Good location from which to go biking. The hotel has nice pools but there is also a great indoor 25m lap pool nearby (at The Swimming Hole), near the village.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments to TripAdvisor. We take these comments very seriously, and want to ensure that we are giving everyone the best service possible at Topnotch Resort! I am happy to see that you had a wonderful time the past two stays that you were with us. I am glad that you enjoy The Roost, which was renovated last year, and I'm sure you will agree that the views are phenomenal. The Spa takes great pride in their services and I appreciate that you enjoyed the services and pool facilities. Topnotch Resort and Stowe have a lot to offer, and we are looking forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on the first two days of a weeklong bicycle trip. It was a wonderful home base. Friendly staff. Alpine feel. Rooms are large, clean, cozy. Lots of closets and shelves. There are outdoor pools and lawns and a huge indoor spa. The restaurant is very good- we had 2 breakfasts and one dinner there. It was a welcome sight after a long day of biking.

Room Tip: Get close to a stairwell or elevators. Ask for a view.