“An accident waiting to happen”
Review of Topnotch Resort

Topnotch Resort
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersGold level
“An accident waiting to happen”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The lighting at the top of the TopNotch driveway is nearly non existant and very dangerous. We left the Roost resturant one evening at about 9:15 pm. Our car has been parked in the little lot adjacent to the front door of the resort, and when we left the parking area and turned right to go down the driveway, it was like entering a black hole. There is not a single light at the top of the driveway, and is an accident waiting to happen. Management MUST attend to this before someone gets hurt, or worse.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joe R
TopnotchResortandSpa, General Manager at Topnotch Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for drawing your concern to our attention.
I will review the situation and address it appropriately.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Having stayed at Topnotch before the new owners we had felt the hotel decor was tired, the spa excellent, and the food good to very good. Now the rooms are lovely and clean, hallways are dark and somewhat shabby, grounds are exquisite, and the food at Flannels (tasteless food with a limited selection) is not as good as a diner. After one meal there we ate every other meal at local restaurants. The food at those eateries was amazingly superior to the items presented at Flannels and the prices were lower or justified by the excellent quality.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ms-SBL-C
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I checked in for a spa appointment, 5 minutes before my appiontment and I was greated with a very cold tone by someone named Tanya, telling me I can sign my reciept after my treatment, because I was already "Late". I felt very rushed and just someone that needed to pay my bill. She pointed to the womens lounge and sent me on my way.
Other than that, the Topnotch Resort was TOPNOTCH!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank SassySaveyTraveler
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great hotel with modern décor. The restaurant Flannel serves a good breakfast and the bar the Roost serves good food and has a good local beer selection. There are 2 outdoor pools (one for adults only which is great) and an indoor one. The gym is very nice with cardio and weights rooms. You can also book personal training. There are also quite a lot of activities in the area (we did the intro to rock climbing with a great guide), the concierge is very friendly and helpful with suggestions.
The rooms are very nice, with mini-fridge, safe, iron and free wi-fi. They also refill a filtered water bottle every day. The AC unit in the room was a bit noisy at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nathalie D
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I just came to visit the spa. The grounds of this hotel sure was a beautiful site. Too bad I didn't have time to tour the property. My spa experience was so wonderful. From the moment I checked in with smiling, welcoming faces. I chose to do the four handed massage because it sounded like the most relaxing, and it sure was! My therapists (Scott and Beecher) worked in perfect sync and harmony with one another. Not only was this AMAZINGLY relaxing but I did mention I was having discomfort in my shoulder area and now as I write my review I notice that I no longer feel the pain I have been experiencing for the last several weeks. Thank you for this relaxing, therapeutic, wonderful massage. I had aped inure as well (Chelsea) who did a fantastic job! I am happy I chose this location for my spa experience. I also had breakfast beforehand at flannel and that too was excellent with very good customer service. Thank you topnotch, I will be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank SoloSpaGirl
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I have traveled all over the world for work and pleasure and Topnotch has one of the best spas I have ever visited. The indoor / outdoor pools, waterfalls, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms don't disappoint. Extremely clean and well maintained. Great attention to detail. Stunning views. Food was great. (Gluten free options available!) But the staff made our stay exceptional. Travis the hotel manager gets 6 stars for going out of his way to smooth a minor hiccup we experienced. I would highly recommend Topnotch over the other properties in the area. We will be making this our annual Vermont destination.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Infogi
boston, massachusetts
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here with my son for a long weekend recently. The property is beautiful: calming, minimalist decor; lots of light. The highlight was the outdoor pool; large enough to swim laps, the water clear, great views of Mt. Mansfield. Staff were all friendly and helpful, especially the concierge, who seemed genuinely interested in us. The resort is a short walk from the Stowe bike path, which is a must.
The only downside was the Roost bar. I found it echo-y and impersonal. We waited ages to get served, even though it was barely half full, and it was a losing battle to find healthy options on the menu. Overall, though, you couldn't go wrong at Top Notch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family