“The Best place to stay in Stowe!”
Review of Topnotch Resort

Topnotch Resort
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Best place to stay in Stowe!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Comfortable beds, amazing views, great staff and awesome food. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
When staying here do yourself a favor and go to Norma's and visit Mary at the bar to try the Blueberry lavendar martini!

Room Tip: Not abad room in the entire place
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Was on a leaf peeping tour around New England with the family and decided to stay over in Stowe – Never been to Stowe before and didn’t have any preferences for the Topnotch Resort and Spa.
We had booked a 3 bedroom villa – 3 kids and 2 adults – for 3 nights and we had 3 fantastic days at the TopNotch.
The welcome at the reception was fast and easy and we were directed to our villa which was a 2 min drive located up the hill above the main building.
The villa – in to levels - was very spacious with bathrooms for each of the bedrooms, a large fully equipped kitchen in direct connection with an open living/dining room. Fireplaces (gas) in the living room and the master bedroom gave the rooms some extra atmosphere. The view from the living room and the outside patio towards Mt Mansfield was spectacular. Leaf Peeping at is best!
The free wifi worked perfect – which was useful and important when your are traveling with 3 teenagers.
The restaurant – Norma’s and the spa facilities was located in main building. You could walk there in 4-5 minutes or drive and use the (free) valet parking. We had breakfast all 3 mornings and lunch one day in Norma’s and service, food and the overall experience was excellent. We didn’t use the spa services, but did use both the pools and fitness facilities and they fully meet our expectations.
Booth indoor and outdoor surroundings were very well kept. The staff was friendly and did try meet all our request (though we didn’t have many)
We had great stay at the Topnotch and will return if we ever are in this area again.

Room Tip: Try to get villa or rooms with views towards Mt Mansfield
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Beautiful grounds , great staff and suburb spa! The Restaurant, Norma's , has a varied farm to table menu with gourmet choices and homemade desserts which vary nightly. I was at topnotch for four nights and did not want to leave. This is a place that truly lives up to its name.

• Stayed October 2012
East Lothian
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was a bit suspicious of somewhere that calls itself Topnotch, but it is! From the outside, the building seems to have been painted to be camouflaged with the trees, so it doesn't look that impressive, but inside the resort is great. We stayed in a 3 bedroom town house which was cozy and comfortable and a only a 4 minutes walk uphill from the hotel - the hotel shuttled my elderly parents up and down to the town house whenever we wanted. Norma's restaurant is great, the spa and outdoor pools are lovely and the views are incredible. The only issue is that's it's a bit out of Stowe Centre, but if you're skiing or hiking it's nearer to the hilld - I'd go again!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a mountain view!
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Topnotch is exactly that: Top notch! The setting is beautiful, the service is impeccable, the rooms are lovely and comfortable and the spa and pools are fabulous. Topnotch is as serene as it is fun and it is a place I enjoy with my family (including my 3 young kids), for romantic getaways with my husband, and for girls weekends with friends. Whenever I leave, I look forward to my next trip there. I've been there in every season and there's something to do at the resort or in nearby Stowe at any time of year. Topnotch has amazing tennis facilities and programs which I look forward to taking advantage of during one of my stays. I highly recommend it!

Fishkill, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2012

As a resort, Topnotch not only gets graded (by me at least!) on hotel services and amenities but also on the additional services and features that comprise a "resort".
As a hotel, the rooms are clean, well designed and outfitted as I would expect for a high end hotel. On site restaurant is above par and the only real drawbacks I have found is the relatively small elevator and occasionally challenging parking when large events are being held there. It's beautifully located and the views over the pool of Mount Mansfield are breathtaking. A little thing, but the availability of a small guest space in the room refrigerator allows you to store a few cold beverages or snacks. It's a nice touch.
As a resort, it gets even better. The multiple heated indoor and outdoor pools and Jacuzzi's are large, clean and inviting. Separate adult and family pools are a nice touch. The Spa is simply wonderful with a full range of services available. The Concierge and staff are friendly and helpful. They help "make" the resort experience. We have traveled to Topnotch both as a family (with our four children) and as a couple. Every visit has been wonderful and that is why we keep coming back!

Room Tip: The views of Mount Mansfield overlooking the outdoor pools are best!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just returned from Topnotch and now I am trying to figure out when I can go back! I absolutely love this hotel, so cute and quaint but yet a great place to enjoy spa, drinks and good food.

I loved our room and the bed was very comfortable. We did not have mountain views, but instead we had wonderful trees outside our window which gave a great feeling. The staff were incredibly kind and helpful and the spa and pool area is a must visit.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Top floor (3rd) will most likely be more quiet. Otherwise 227 was excellent:)