My husband, son and I stayed at Topnotch for a few days this August and had a wonderful time. We know this place is very popular in the winter because it is a ski resort. However, if you want a great place to relax in the summer-this is it. Here are some of our observations:
1. The place is immaculate. We didn't see any dirty carpeting but perhaps they were in the rooms in which dogs were allowed. Our room was a good size and well stocked with large bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion. The only thing we would have preferred were queen size beds because double-beds are just too small for adults to share. Also, bring your own pillow unless you don't mind the mushy foam pillows.
2. All the staff was friendly and helpful. If you needed your room cleaned at a special time they would happily accommodate you.
3. Norma's restaurant is delicious but if it isn't for you, there is an Italian restaurant adjoining the property (Trattoria La Festa) which is quite good as well as several others down the main road, Mountain Rd, out of the resort. If you drive for a few miles down Mountain Rd to the village, there are also several good restaurants there. Ask the concierge and they will happily advise you. They will even drive you if you need a ride.
4. We always bring a cooler and fill it with hotel ice so that we can have cold soda and water. However, they offered to put a refrigerator in our room. In addition, they gave us bottles of filtered water every day.
5.The outdoor pools were great and warm! There were always empty lounge chairs and plenty of towels.
6. If you like tennis-this is your place. My husband is obsessed with tennis. He said that the pros were amazing and that he really enjoyed the tennis clinics.
7. If you like to ride horses, they offer beginner and intermediate rides (walk and trot-no cantor or gallop) which was fine for us. They only take a few people at a time. The day we went, it was just my son and me. It was like having a private lesson. Mike gave us many tips on how to become better riders. We rode through all types of terrain: flat land, hills, brooks. It was a lot of fun- just remember to duck when leaving the stable (low doorway)! They also have wagon rides and bikes for rent.
8. One thing that we felt was a really great idea was THE EMERGENCY FLASHLIGHT IN THE CLOSET. Every hotel should have one in case of a fire. Who ever thought of it should be congratulated!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created in the grand tradition of New England hotels, where hospitality plays front and center,Topnotch Resort is a newly-rennovated hotel whose relaxed elegance and timeless character define what alpine luxury should be. Here, in a pristine wooded estate, guests find distinctive resort accommodations, imaginative dining, thoughtful touches, and welcoming smiles – as well as one of nature’s most spectacular displays. All just moments from the legendary terrain of Stowe Mountain and the picture-perfect village of Stowe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Topnotch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Topnotch Hotel Stowe
- Top Notch Spa
- Top Notch Resort
- Top Notch At Stowe
- Topnotch Resort Stowe, Vermont