The good: Fairly clean, great breakfast, good size rooms, excellent value.
The bad: 20 (or more) year old tube TV with marginal picture, lots of items needing replacement (delaminating bathroom door, rusting hinges, bathroom needs regrouting).
The ugly: Mattress should have been replaced when Bush was in office - Bush the Elder, not W. It had a huge "crater" in the middle, and it was impossible to keep from rolling into it (I finally used a pillow as a chock) and it produced a terrible night's sleep.
And isn't what sleeping is all about? Stowe is a long way from anywhere. If you have just spent 4 hours in the car, or 8 hours on the slopes, the last thing you need is a crappy night's sleep. If sleep is important to you, spend a little more money and stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe