The Golden Eagle is supposed to be one of the better hotels in Stowe & we stayed there based on other reviews.
The facility looks like it was last updated in the 1950s. We thought the room was less-than-clean and dark, furnished with the heavy furniture ala Holiday Inn 30 years ago. The "included" breakfast was below average diner food. Also, the lobby had some sort of funky odor - not cleaner, not smoke, but definitely weird.
If you are looking for a vintage ski resort to take you way back in time, are not much for housekeeping or maintenance, and don"t mind spending top dollar for the experience, this could be your place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe