This is not a hotel/motel. This is truly a "resort". The service from all was exceptional. The grounds were beautifully maintained. The pools and room were very clean. A great place for a summer vacation with young children. My girls (ages 3 and 5) made lots of new friends.
We stayed in a basic deluxe room but it was larger than most hotel rooms. The only draw back to the room was that it did not have a microwave (but had a mini fridge). No worries, we would walk over the meeting room and use their kitchen that was open to the guests. We would put one of our own DVD's in and watch a movie while the kids ate. They also have the best Pizza across the street. After a long day of activities (such as the alpine slide, bike rides, canoeing, driving the toll road up Mt. Mansfield) it was great to go back to the resort with a pizza and eat by the pool.
The kids even loved the fishing on site. They provide everything from the fishing poles to the bait and a well stocked pond. On one occassion, they ran out of bait, so the gardener helped us turn over rocks and earth to find some worms. He even offered to drive into town to get us some more bait. The housekeeping noticed that we had children so they left us a mini bottle of dish soap with a note saying it would be easier to clean the kids cups & bottles. The front desk also would open the joining room for us when it wasn't booked so we could have more room. Try a massage and ask for Shirley. I LOVE Shirley! My hour massage lasted 90 minutes. I cannot say enough about the service.
Location is great also. You can easily walk into the town center from the hotel. The recreational path is across the street and down a slight hill. Very easy to reach. There is a bike rental across the street if you don't want to tote your own and you can access the bike path from the bike rental shop.
Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe