The rooms were nice. They were clean. The "maid" staff did a very good job every day. The breakfast was good and tasty. Most of the staff in the restaurant were nice. One waitress in particular was very nice and polite. Another younger one appeared very unsure of herself and when she didn't hear what the guest said, instead of saying "excuse me" or "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you", her response was "what?", sounded awful. Another waitress was kind of rushed and busy, some mornings we seemed to wait quite a bit. The afternoon tea was very disappointing. Unfortunately, when a Brit hears Afternoon Tea they expect a bit more than hot water, t-bags and cookies. The grounds were very nice to look at. It would have been helpful if they could have offered dinner service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe