We just completed our third stay at Golden Eagle and we keep finding more reasons to go back. This trip was an adjunct to picking up college students for spring break, so we booked a two bedroom, fireplace apartment. As this was the first time we had done so, we learned that these four apartments are located by themselves in a bulding across Mountain Road from the main resort. If you have stayed here before, you know this is not a problem, as the resort is fairly large and you get accustomed to walking from building to building. For families needing plenty of room, I would recommend these. Ours unit was located on the second floor. It had two nice sized bedrooms, which were a half flight up steps from the open main living room/dining area and was separated from the full service kitchen by an island. The facility had a full bath up and a powder room down. With a pull out queen size sofa in the living room, and two twin and a queen size beds in the bedrooms, we found the unit easily accommodated six people. The facilites are kept fresh, clean and nicely appointed. There is sufficient dining, glassware and flatware for six, and cook ware that would allow you to easily eat-in. The unit has a dishwasher, coffee maker, a table for six and, of course, a good-sized fireplace with a supply of logs for you to burn.
The restaurant provides a nice option for those who do not want to cook breakfast, and it was an easy walk for us. One of party took advantage of the snowshoe trails that encircle the resort, and connect with the town trails. She happily spent two hours shoeing while the others headed to the mountain for the day. For those who do not have their own snowshoes, the resort has pairs that you can use. As with the main resort buildings, the apartments had free, wireless internet service... an absolute must for all the devices college students (and the parents) carry with them.
At the end of the day, the Golden Eagle offers staffed exercise facilities, a spa, a large hot tub and swimming pool for winding down. The locker rooms have showers, hair dryers and towels are provided for guests. It is a great way to loosen up before dinner at one of Stowe's many great restaurants.
This is a great, family resort, with good value. As prior reviewers have commented, it is charming and gives you a true taste of Stowe. Although it is not new, it has been very well maintained and I strongly recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe