We've stayed here 3 years in a row, so clearly we keep coming back for a reason. The hotel is old school Vermont, rustic and charming in a way that must have been what is was like to come here 50 or 60 years ago. I was reading that they've been using the same local egg supplier for their restaurant since the hotel first opened, and I like the fact that they support the local Vermont dairy farmers and suppliers. Incidentally, the included breakfast was excellent, with some of the best homemade 7 grain bread I've ever had. The local eggs, the Cabot cheese, the real maple syrup...it all tastes like Vermont, and it was so much better than the factory made, overly processed garbage you get with some hotel breakfasts. Anyway, I digress... Every year we've had a different room in a different building, and they each had a very different feel. This is definitely not a cookie cutter type place at all. Having said that, some rooms are nicer than others in my opinion, so it might be worth your effort to book one of the better, or deluxe rooms, as I think they call it. If I had to nit pick about one thing, it's that the WIFI was pretty slow and unreliable, but maybe sometimes we all need to turn off the WIFI and step back and enjoy the clean Vermont mountain air with the people we care about, and communicate verbally instead of electronically for a while. I think the fact that this hotel not too glitzy is part of the appeal to us. If you want more posh posh accommodations, you can certainly stay up the road somewhere and probably spend 3 times as much money, and rub elbows with the jet set, and show off your new designer ski clothes. However, if you're done skiing for the day and you're looking for a nice, simple, relaxing, down to earth family place with an awesome pool, hot tub, sauna, exercise room, game room, then this is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe