My wife and I recently celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary and decided at the last minute that a little overnight away from home was in order. We didn't want to travel too far (we live in N.H.), so we decided that Stowe might be a good spot. We adore the Austrian inspired cuisine and atmosphere of The Trapp Family Lodge, but felt that the accomodations were a wee bit posh, not to mention pricey for one night away from home, so we made dinner reservations there and started looking for a more economical option for overnight accomodations.
Additionally, it is not too far from wonderful Burlington and all that city has to offer.
Enter the Golden Eagle Resort.
For roughly half the price we would have paid at TFL, we secured a very nice room with a private balcony overlooking a little pond and a king bed. We requested a more private location and a late check-out and were graciously accomodated on both counts.
We arrived in the late afternoon and were quickly checked in by a very nice front desk fellow named Mark, who pointed us in the direction of our room.
It was perfect! Just far enough out back that we heard virtually nothing but the wind and the birds. From our little balcony, complete with 2 chairs and a table, we could see the mountains in the distance, including some of the trails on nearby Stowe Mountain Ski Resort. There was plenty of room to relax and a fair sized bathroom as well.
They even included a small gift packet including cheese and crackers, Vermont maple syrup and some candies. Nice touch.
The resort has many activities nearby, including walking and biking trails, onsite indoor and outdoor pools, gameroom and a small breakfast restaurant.
We spent the morning of our departure beside the outdoor pool surrounded by mountains and trees and had the place entirely to ourselves.
Heavenly on this perfect summer morning!
Had a nice swim and felt completely rejuvenated.
I highly recommend this resort and cannot say enough about their helpful and service oriented staff.
A great find in a vacation hot spot town that can be notoriously expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe