I had stayed at this resort 5 or 6 years ago. I remember it being in a great location, reasonably priced and a variety of outdoor summer things to do. Not too much has changed since I was last there. The rooms aren't fancy but the hotel does not advertise that they are. I found them to be adequate for our needs. We stayed in a room called the Matterhorn-it had a seperate sitting area-it was like an efficiency apartment-it did not have a kitchenette but it was equipped with a microwave, coffee maker and a refrigerator. The Colonial Cafe was wonderful (as I had remembered it) for breakfast-great food and service! The Manger's Reception is a nice thought but should probably be represented by someone other than the manager as he was not very friendly-maybe he was having a bad day- I did comment about this on the comment card I left with the hotel front desk upon checking out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds and complimentary WiFi. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. A variety of rooms are available which include standard guest rooms, suites, cabin rentals and house rentals. Golden Eagle Resort is also walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe