“Food isn't good here any more...”
Review of Springfield Royal Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Springfield Royal Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My how things have changed! I used to go out to eat here frequently under the old ownership, when they bought all local fresh foods and made their own home-made pancakes. I tried it twice this year. The first time, it was so gross I thought I must just be feeling sick. The second time I went back optimistic and hungry, but the food was horrible. Beware of the eggs, both times they were despicable. The pancakes are definitely made from a box now, and taste like cardboard. Not to mention the hair found in my food. The coffee mugs had smudge in them from not being washed properly. Hopefully they fix things, but I won't be going back, ever.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you are looking for a great breakfast at a fantastic price....look no further than the Springfield Royal Diner! It has the look and feel of a classic 50's style diner, with all of the charm and appeal of a family style restaurant that you could ever ask for. Their food is prepared to order, no matter if you order from the menu, or off of the menu. The food tastes great and you will be shocked at the pricing, so reasonable its never a hard decision to make when its between cooking at home or going to the Royal. Could not recommend it more highly for their breakfast, I now need to try their menu for lunch...I've heard their homemade milkshakes are to die for!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you like diners, this is a great one. It was worth the 6-mile drive off the interstate. All 3 of us had great breakfasts - not greasy as another reviewer stated. My breakfast consisted of 3 HUGE blueberry pancakes (the short stack) with what else but Vermont maple syrup to go with them. Don't know who could eat the full stack. The home fries were great. My husband and daughter agreed that the breakfast was the best we had on our week-long vacation. Large servings and a great value too. The 50s music and the decor added to the charm of this diner.

1  Thank Paula P
Reviewed May 10, 2013

...great "old style" Diner atmosphere..Service is good; unfortunately the foods were just too greasy for my liking..other family members agreed that the breakfast foods they had were all too greasy too :-(

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This 50's style diner has got to be one of the best kept secrets in Vermont!
It may be six miles off of interstate 91 but trust me, it is worth the slight detour!
Eggs over easy - perfect
Real sausage patties (not brown and serve) that are the size we used to get when eating establishments cared about their patrons.
Home fries could have used some onions and paprika, but that is my taste. They were still very good.
Pancakes as round and large as the platter they are served on......They were so good I asked to speak with the chef. She was a very nice lady, however, she refused to share the recipe with me! She said "I can give it to you but then I would have to kill you". I said I am ready to die. THEY ARE THAT GOOD!
The booth seats are lumpy! Who cares, add VT maple syrup to the pancakes and take a trip to heaven!