“Best place in town”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Wanted a decent meal and options limited on Mondays in town got early bird prime rib love the salad bar has sooooo many choices prime wasn't bad wife's was still a bit raw so got the rock to cook it more mine was bit cold so heated mine too waitress was OK but had to ask for more water as others have said is a very noisy place and is very tight quarters

There are newer reviews for Black Rock Steakhouse

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Talk about "made to order"! Your meat comes out raw (really), you cut a slice of your piece meat, seafood, or whatever you ordered, place it on the Black Hot Rock (which is incredibly hot) and 15 seconds later is cooked to your personal specs. This was one of the most FUN dinner I've ever had.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

You cannot go wrong having Sunday brunch here. I had the Western omelette, really tasty, sausage, scalloped potatoes, corned beef hash and an apple turnover, excellent, as well as a bran muffin. They have French toast, French toast sticks, fresh made waffles and fruit, including chocolate-covered strawberries. The tab for three, including tax, one coke and one coffee was 33.60.

The only point to note is that they stop serving brunch at 1130, so be sure to get there before then.

2  Thank BaysideConnecticut
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have eaten at the Black Rock at least five times. It has a good selection but not to big that the dishes are mediocre. Black Rock has a nice salad bar but I like to get the Caesar salad. It is huge and very tasty. My husband always gets the salad bar. I usually get some kind of seafood and my husband seafood or steak. We have always been satisfied. Usually I have to bring home left overs. On Sunday there is an early special for 10.95. I have gotten salmon and my husband the prime rib. The prime rib melted in your mouth. I have also eaten at the Black Rock at lunch and the club sandwich is delicious.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had never heard of this place until I drove past it on my way to a diner a bit west. When I found the diner closed, I backtracked to Black Rock. It's in a strip mall and is clearly signed. You can't miss it.

I ordered a 12-ounce prime rib and a Caesar salad. The salad was huge. I was only able to eat half of it. My waitress offered to box it so I could take it home, but I declined.

The prime rib was also huge. It was clearly larger than 12 ounces. More importantly, it was delicious.

The meal comes with a potato or rice, but I don't eat starches, so I declined that side. Without my asking, my waitress brought me a dish of mixed vegetables. Also delicious.

Service was attentive, but never overbearing. Pricing is appropriate for the quality of the food and the level of service.

I am thankful the diner was closed, else I might never have eaten here. I am now looking for an excuse to get back to Springfield so I can enjoy another meal at this great restaurant.

2  Thank KeenOnKeene