“great food and prices”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant several times and never had a bad meal. The steak is great and has the unique option for this area of cooking it on a lava rock at the table or by the kitchen. My wife loves the seafood especially stuffed haddock which is loaded with seafood, not bread crumbs or other fillers. They say they are the original Brickers which recently closed in Claremont, NH. I wish they would locate a second restaurant in the Brickers building. It would be a major improvement in the Sunapee area where most restaurants have only fair food or ridiculous prices and would be a much shorter drive. The salad and soup bar is also great. The only fault we find is the bread is poor, but this is a minor complaint.

There are newer reviews for Black Rock Steakhouse

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was our first time visiting, and it was wonderful! The salad bar is extensive, and we had a blast with the Surf and Turf, 'grilling' our own meat at the table on the 750 degree rock - unique and memorable, and guaranteed to get it done as desired! The desserts were massive (for only $5.95, well worth the price as the two of us got two meals out of it, as well as from the filet). We did arrive at 5:30 and had no wait, but a word to the wise, it is not a large restaurant and the tables are fairly close together - lots of 'excuse me's' and scooching through between the tables. This in no way negated the experience.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This restaurant is billed as a steakhouse, and it truly does steak right. You can even cook you own plate on a black rock at your seat. It is unique concept and seems quite popular. There is also a great salad bar that accompanies the meals. The only thing that prevents my giving this establishment 5 stars is the seating arrangement, the tables are uncomfortably close together and it is sometimes a bit of a challenge to get to and from the salad bar or restrooms. However, they do the steak so well that we will keep returning for the steak dinners.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

After a day of nonstop skiing in Okemo, my friends and I were starving and craving meat. I found this restaurant after a quick search on Yelp and was lured by the better-than-reasonable prices.

I tried calling to see if we could put our name on a waiting list but no one picked up. We decided to take our chance on a 9-mile drive and head over there.

It was Saturday night and, as expected, the place was full. We waited 45 minutes for a table for 5. Not too bad as we were able to look over the menu and rest a little.

Service was prompt and courteous. All of us got the 24 oz. Porter house steak (only $22 with salad and a side dish). Yes, we were hungry! My friend and I opted for ours on the rock, while the others had theirs cooked in the kitchen.

The salad came shortly after that. I had a caesar salad, which was so fresh and was a big serving. My friend opted for the salad bar, which he enjoyed immensely. I didn't see it myself but he said it was a great selection of fresh ingredients.

Our steak on the 750 deg F rock was fatty and juicy. It was marinated well that the flavor of the steak was one of the best I've had. Or maybe I was just hungry. But it was a filling meal. I could only finish half of it and had a few bites of my side of mashed potatoes, which was creamy and yummy too. My friends who had their steak cooked in the kitchen were also very satisfied with the way it was cooked to their liking.

All in all, a great dining experience. We came back the week after during another weekend trip to Okemo.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Black Rock Steakhouse is a great restaurant and you can be a part of the meal preparation! You have a choice when ordering your meat to have it come out on a black rock partially cooked. The rock is a 700 degree black rock which then allows you to finish cooking the meat to your perfection. And they have a great salad bar!