“wow. awesome.”

Black Rock Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“wow. awesome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

$11.95 ny strip lunch special. Comes on a 750 F stone. Great salad bar with good salad dressings. Salad bar is simple but well done. Giant wheel of cheese that you can shave yourself, stuffed peppers, pasta and all the fixings. Chicken caprese was also delicious. It was less than $18 for salad bar, chicken caprese, steak fries, and a coke. Great price for high quality food. They also have a wide variety of specials and seafood. Must go to at least once while in springfield.

Visited February 2014

Freeport, L.I., NY
“Busy, busy, busy but worth going”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was our second dining experience at Black Rock, ordering an entrée that was served on a lava rock. We dined here on a Wednesday night with a party of 6, so reservations were accepted. The parking lot was crowded when we arrived at 7PM. We were immediately directed to our table. The salad bar was good with much variety, including soup and bread. My Argentinian steak was tender and fun to cook on the "rock". Laura was our waitress and she did a great job, also instructing the newcomer in our group how to use the "rock". The wine was served in a large glass for the $5.95 charged. No room for dessert and had to take half the steak home for the next night. One of our party ordered the Fra Diavlo seafood and enjoyed his meal. Another ordered the fried scallops and was happy with his choice. Will definitely go back, perhaps to order off the Blackboard the next time.

• Visited January 2014
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We've been here quite a few times and have always been impressed with the service and quality of food.The salad bar is top notch. The experience of having your steak served on the lava stone is exceptional. We generally order off the Blackboard, if you are a fan of Surf and Turf, you've met your match, always great variation and choices. This has become one of our go-to places for a great meal.

• Visited January 2014
New Hampshire
“Great appetizers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

First off, the service here was definitely an A (only not an A+ because of some confusion with our starches). Our waitress was friendly, patient and efficient (we were a large party). The food came out in a decent amount of time (even on a busy night)---even if it didn't, there was a great salad bar to hold us over!

Our appetizers were delicious (escargot & stuffed mushrooms notably), anyone who got a steak with their meal LOVED their steak. I ordered seafood off the specials menu, it was alright. Not overly impressive and drenched in butter--I say this as someone who thought, before this meal, I drenched my own cooking in butter. I realize I was at a steakhouse, but my expectations were definitely higher than the reality.

In short, I would definitely go back and bring steak-eating friends, I would also order something non-seafood off of the regular menu (a friend got the Cordon Bleu that looked AWESOME).

We didn't get dessert, but will definitely go back again to try.

• Visited December 2013
Ludlow, Vermont
“Not the Greatest Place in the Area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been to Black rock four or five times. Each time I was less and less impressed with the facility. The food is okay but not spectacular; the steaks, its basic calling card, have lessened in appeal over my visits. And, if you happen to be a wine drinker as I am, the selection is worthless and cheap.

• Visited December 2013