“Great food and great prices!”

Black Rock Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Great food and great prices!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were in Springfield area and this was really the only place open on a Sunday. We has no expectations.
The menu is big with lots of options. Two of us opted for the 14 oz ribeye that came on the hot stone. It was perfectly seasoned and fun to cook it ourselves at the table. The steak was hot from the first bite to the last and cooked just the way we liked it. It came with a starch side and Caesar salad or salad bar. We did the salad bar and it was great. All the options were fresh. Don't skip the ambrosia salad. It's jusy like grandma used to make. The ribeye meal was $20.00. Well worth it.
Another member of our party got the lighter fair fish and chips. It was 3 large pieces of haddock and great fries. That was only $10.00.
The only negative was the waiting to be seated process. People were seated out of order of arrival which caused some tension in the waiting area. We also had to wait a bit to place our order but the place was packed so it was understandable.
We will be going back for sure!

• Visited September 2013

Burlington, Vermont, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go to place when having company”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've enjoyed this location with family and friends and business associates over 30+ times. Great value,one of the best salad bars I've ever enjoyed. And the wait staff is excellent and courteous. I throughly enjoy this place and go whenever I can entertain when in Vermont with clients or family. Worth the wait and drive when in Southern VT.

• Visited August 2013
Ludlow, Vermont
“Lobster meal”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my favorite restaurant in the area til the last time we went. It was a celebration for my birthday and my mom and I were really excited to have lobster and had had it here before. The salad bar was wonderful as usual but when we got our lobsters we were disgusted!. There was black goo all through the lobster. We eat lobster often and have never encountered this before. The waitress said that it was eggs(not) and that it was a female and they often came like this. She proceeded to make us feel stupid though we did not want to eat this.It looked like a blood clot. She did give my mom anotheremeal but charged us full price and even mentioned as she gave us the check that we should always ask for a male. What happened to making the customer feel good? I love this restaurant but am wary now.

2 Thank Octoberfest57
Columbus, Georgia
“Excellent, excellent, excellent”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had the JD steak tips...they were done perfectly, they were very tender and tasty. The meal came with a choice of potato and the salad bar. The price was amazing for the excellent food.

Jax Beach, FL
“Passed the 1st test”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Needed my cholesterol level pumped up so I stopped for the fried whole belly clams that a friend had recommended. Had onion rings on the appetizer list and that's my 1st test. Passed with frying colors. Great batter and a good portion @ $4.95. Clams did not disappoint and the regular fries were also nicely done. At $10.95 they probably could have thrown a coupla more clams on the pile but fair value for money overall. My waitress, Portia, was attentive and very good.
Had read reviews that the place was noisy and I could see that at the dinner time but I was there for lunch on a Friday and it was very pleasant.
They had a nice variety on there lunch special board and I will be back to give it a another go around.