Hartness House
Holiday Inn Express Springfield(Springfield)
$108
Great 4.5/5
Rodeway Inn(Claremont)
$65
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
$232
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
$169
Grafton Inn(Grafton)(Great Value!)
$149
$145
Great 4.5/5
$59
$119
Very Good 4/5
Timber Inn Motel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
$81
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsthe main housenext morningdowntown springfieldnew ownersunderground tunnelold mansionwhite christmascreaky floorsrich historybeautiful roommodern wingcharles lindberghthird floorblueberry pancakeswonderful staydelicious breakfastchef nick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2010

My husband and I wanted a nice wedding on a recession budget. We booked the ultimate elopement package at the Hartness House. It was an amazing deal. We stayed in the James Hartness Suite for two nights. We received a bouquet and boutonnière, chocolates, wine, a cheese board, a small wedding cake, a five course reception meal, two hours in the spa, two hours of photography, and breakfast in bed with a bottle of champagne. We purchased other meals and drinks while we were there. The food was a great deal and very filling! My husband couldn't even finish his meals. They offer free movie rentals at the front desk, and there is a decent selection to choose from. The staff was kind and everyone had a great sense of humor. This inn is excellent if you appreciate history. We got married in front of a gorgeous giant fireplace, then had pictures taken on the staircase and throughout the main house. We loved it because it felt like we were getting married in another era.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We had our wedding here and I was blown away at the beauty of the area and Hartness house. Our ceremony was spiritual and heartwarming. The Victorian Decor was inviting and eloquent. We loved our room, the fireplace and the furnishings were beautiful and relaxing,which we needed. (I didnt want to leave) We were at awe with all the paintings and Tiffany lighting at every view. Alla and Alex were great at making us feel welcome and providing us with everything we needed and then some! Alla made our wedding day perfect and the photography was creative and covered every part of our wedding. Did I mention how delicious all the food was! I savored the almond french toast it melted in my mouth Thank you for giving us such a fantasic wedding day that we will always remember and we will be back again for more memories. It was a blessing I am soo glad that I found this Gem and that we were able to hold our special event in a special place Thanks again

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I recently gave a $100 deposit for Hartness House, which also goes under a different name Carriage House when they choose. First of all, you can almost never get them on the phone, you leave a message and they call you back several hours later. When I read their poor reviews on Trip Advisor I called 3 days before my stay to cancel, but of course they do not answer the phone, so I left a message. We ended up staying at another Bed & Breakfast and found out while there that Hartness House ILLEGALLY debited my account another $500! Of course, you can't get through to dispute this, so now my bank must file a formal complaint. I can tell you that the town the Hartness House is in, Springfield, is a dump with welfare motels, pawn shops and streets you'd never want to walk down. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank whodunit29
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We recently eloped using the Hartness House elopment package. My husband and I were very impressed with the attentiveness of the owners Alla and Alex and all the staff. We felt as though we were treated like royalty on our special weekend. There is not one thing that we wish was different or would change. We especially enjoyed the wonderful food in the restaurant, the wodnefu waitresses and the live music. Alla and Alex make you feel very at home and are willing to accomodate you along the way. I cannot thank them enough for making our wedding wonderful!!! We look forward to returning for our aniversary.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gd2600
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We went to the Hartness House to elope on what some people told us was the busiest weekend in Vermont- Columbus Day Weekend. We purchased one of the Elopement Packages and couldn't have been happier with our weekend. It is definitely the way to go if you are looking for something small and intimate. We stayed in the Hartness Suite in the main house and it was wonderful. The entire inn definitely has a quaint, historic feel- which is exactly what we were looking for. It is true that the town of Springfield is small and there isn't much to do, but tourist attractions are relatively close (within a half hour to an hour depending on what you're looking to do) and during this time of year in Vermont, the drive to any destination is simply beautiful. Let's be honest- if you want to stay in a modern, Hilton-type establishment in a busy metro setting, then this isn't the place for you. We felt it was a great value for everything that was included in the package that we purchased- dinner after our ceremony, a photography session, cake, champagne, breakfast in bed the following morning... how can you go wrong? The owners and staff were very friendly, the food was excellent, and we were overall very pleased with everything- so much so that we are intending to return for our one year anniversary. We dealt with some pretty rude people when we called around to other establishments when we were researching our elopement- one who even told us that she"strongly advised against getting married in Vermont on Columbus Day weekend"- so it was refreshing to interact with people who genuinely only wanted to make sure we were accommodated properly.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple