“Perfect Elopment Venue”
Review of Hartness House

Hartness House
Ranked #1 of 2 Springfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at the Hartness House Inn and took advantage of the Deluxe Elopement package. It was absolutely wonderful! The inn was clean and welcoming and the staff was very nice. The package included so many wonderful features like the breakfast in bed and all the wedding preparations. It was so nice to not worry about the small stuff because the Hartness House staff had it all taken care of. The restaurant that they have on sire was delicious!!! I couldn’t have asked for anything better. All in all, I give this inn a 2 thumbs up and we will be going back next year for our anniversary.

Room Tip: Lena's room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I had to make a last minute business trip to Springfield, Vermont. I was so glad to find the Hartness House Inn in Springfield. The staff was great, the rooms were clean and comfortable, but what I really appreciated was the the convenient location. Very easy to find, just minutes from major interstate - Route 91, close to New England attractions such as farms, art galleries, parks, rivers, quaint villages, antique shopping. It was a tremendous aid during this trip, it helped me unwind, not to talk about their fabulous Governors Room Restaurant with great local specialties and wine choices! I had a great time and will definitely come back here when I head back to Vermont.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We booked our ceremony at Hartness House. The owners did everything they promised and more. Everything they provided from the flowers, cake and photography was great. The restaurant food was delicious. We would love to come back.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2011

my wife found this beautiful quiet place for us to get married we stayed one day before we booked our wedding and come may 2011 we got married their. the food was amazing the rooms great. they were accomidating and the service was just well it leaves me speechless. i wish i could just move in. and when you stay have to get breakfast and the blueberry muffins. WOW.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2011

we stayed two nights and I found the food quite good.Though the ham was dried out on my breakfast the first morning. I expected more ham steak and got a very thin slice. Also no lunch is available. The dinner menu was good but different from the web page I looked at. Some of the furnishings and rugs need to be replaced. I stoped someone from sitting in a chair because the bottom was hanging out of it. We stayed in the back cheaper rooms. It was ok as far as sleeping etc. I noticed encasements on the mattresses so that was good. No internet though. No food fit for younger children-though they were not with us. Things advertised are during the peak winter season should be available all year. The spa apparently is for couples only. The tunnel it took me three days to get into inspite of asking several times. The apartment there was no guide for so we could not go to that. The telescope we got to though. The town is dead. Most stores are closed as are the factories. The inn is in a residential area. The bushes around the inn should be pulled out and planted on the far side of the property. The room I was in was about 5 feet from a steep drop. The place is for sale and with some imagination be a great place to purchase.

Room Tip: I would go with the cheaper rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2011

My Partner and I got married this past weekend at the Hartness House and it turned out to be so much better than we ever could have imagined. We knew from working with Alla and visiting the inn that the service would be good and the house beautiful, but we never imagined that everything would go soooo smoothly without any effort on our end. From the minute we arrived we were catered to and treated like royalty. Wine, cheese, champagne, breakfast in bed...everything was included in our Ultimate Elope Package. The spa was relaxing and romantic. The room was quiet and cozy...the perfect retreat to relax while we prepared to say "I do". Our family and friends loved the accommodations and we received nothing but good comments about the house, the food, the staff and the ceremony. We honestly didn't have to worry about a thing...Alla took care of it all. The food was delicious, the flowers were beautiful, the photographer was a blessing as he walked us through each step of the ceremony. The JP was fabulous as well. I knew it would be a great weekend for the mere fact that we were getting married, but Alla and the crew made sure it really was the BEST weekend for everyone there...especially us. We will be back every year, no doubt, to celebrate where we tied the knot. Thank you Alla. You have the best deal going!

Room Tip: Just Ask!! Alla will hook you up!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My partner and I were married at Hartness House Inn in a small ceremony from the Deluxe (all inclusive) Elopement Package. We could not have been happier or more pleased with the Inn, the staff, and the service. This is a great place to get married if you are having a large wedding or a small intimate one. The service was incredible. Alla and Alex did a great job at handling all of the details for us. All we had to do was go to the town hall to get our marriage license. This was important because we are from North Carolina, and arrived to find everything taken care of.

The rooms, food, and Spa were great. If you stay, check out the Spa, it was comfortable, relaxing and very intimate. The breakfasts and celebration dinner were exceptional (especially the breakfast in bed!). The rooms had a lot of character with period furniture and photographs related to the Inn's history. Since we brought our family, we were able to check out the other rooms besides the Suite that we stayed in and they were just as quaint.

Alla went out of her way to make sure we were happy and comfortable. We had to leave early Sunday morning to drive back to Burlington to catch flights and she went out of her way to have breakfast of bagels and hard-boiled eggs, juice and coffee for the car. It was amazing and we really appreciate her hospitality.

We highly recommend this place to other couples who are looking to make a commitment. They exceeded our expectations over and over. I can’t tell you enough how happy we were and what a great place it was.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Elopement is well worth it
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelnFoodLover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Castle Hill Resort And Spa
Fullerton Inn
Fullerton Inn
#8 of 9 in Chester

Been to Hartness House? Share your experiences!