“Well worth the drive ...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stratton Mountain

Stratton Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: The biggest single ski mountain in the eastern United States.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Well worth the drive ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I'm a western ski snob, so I can't believe I'm writing this. But in a nutshell, except for the absence of western powder snow, Stratton does everything right. The place is well run. The upscale faux village is more than you'd find in other eastern resorts. The ski school experience was exceptional. Our instructor was knowledgable, amusing, patient and insightful and that was the first 10 minutes of the lesson. The mid mountain lodge was perfect for lunch and you could just ski the upper mountain after a break. We had fun at the Grizzlies bar at the end of the day. My only complaint is that the base lodge is small and gets really crowded if you are looking for a table to put your boots on. Otherwise, a great spot. I would return ...

Visited September 2013

East Greenwich, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best of VT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stratton ranks among the NE greats in my book. The combination of terrain, lifts (like the best lifts anywhere), and customer experience matched with location (under 3 from RI) make this my top choice. Sure I love Stowe, and Jay is unmatched (so I've heard). But for a weekend warrior, this place is the most bang for the buck.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great Family Ski Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent Place for the kids to learn to ski, great ski school, excellent mountain with varied slopes for all levels! also has 27 hole golf course and Golf and Tennis schools in the summer!

Visited April 2013
Halifax, Canada
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 244 helpful votes
“Good skiing, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Well laid out with good connections between runs / lifts, well groomed (but not over-groomed like Okemo), need more moguls, runs a little over-rated compared to Northern VT resorts but reasonably challenging.
All of the staff were very friendly and welcoming, except for a very unfriendly ski patrol guy who we shared a lift ride with on Good Friday - this was a sharp contrast to the other visitors and locals we met on the lifts who were very chatty / sharing knowledge of runs, snow, etc.

Visited March 2013
NJ
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“3 days tops”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stratton is a great place for Mid Atlantic folks. I was there in 5 hours drive which is about my limit without stopping for a long break. Stratton was perfectly groomed and very accessible to my emerging blue skiers in my family. The trail ratings were on the light side and we were all doing blacks on the second day. There is a huge jump from single to double blacks however. The mountain is easy to traverse. Ski the sun bowl for less crowded skiing. Sun bowl is also lower down and warmer on cold and windy days. Most lifts were detachable 6ers so there were no lines when I was there.
Ski valet at the gondola is a must and reasonably priced for overnight storage.
I felt safe leaving my boot bag out and not using lockers.
Beautiful terrain and great views throughout.

Visited March 2013