“Great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed here 4 years in a row, twice a year. Nothing fancy here, but everything you need. Flat screen tvs, referigerator and ice on every floor! A seperated restaraunt called the Windjammer has excellent food and drink.
also, the staff is very attentive.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

We know there are many choices to stay in Burlington and really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you for your positive review and for your nice comments about our property. We hope you notice some improvements when you visit us again. We have been updating room by room and are excited to showcase our updates in the next few months. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stay at this hotel every other year for company business. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is always very helpful and accommodating.

The restaurant/lounge serves great food and the service is very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

We are happy to hear that we are your choice to stay when traveling to Burlington for business, thank you for continued loyalty! We really appreciate the time you took to post a review on Trip Advisor and for your wonderful comments about our property. We look forward to our next visit!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Hotel is very nice, Windjammer is a Great restaurant!! A little on the pricey side but very good overall. I would recommend staying and plan on returning to this location in the future A rating overall.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so happy you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our restaurant as well. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate the great comments!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I am usually in Burlington a few times a year as I travel often and Burlington is only a few hours away from me so it's great for a short road trip.

I really like this hotel and I now stay here every time I'm in the city or passing through. I did stay at the Holiday Inn close by my first time in S. Burlington and it was really nice, however the next time I was here it was really pricey so I checked this place and the price was a bit lower so I gave it a try. I'm glad I did as I really liked this hotel.

It's in a great location, and I really like the layout of the hotel and the grounds. It's just off the I89 and very close to downtown Burlington (to drive, too far for walking). It's very clean and well kept, and the breakfast is your standard hotel breakfast. Since I'm gluten free there are not a lot of offerings for me, but it's still a fairly good breakfast. Usually I try brunch and lunch spots when travelling anyway, so I don't care too much about a hotel breakfast.

I find almost everyone friendly at this hotel, and I like most of the staff we meet during our stay here. The cleaning staff is friendly too. However there is a gentleman working there late evenings who isn't really all that friendly, and I'm not really all that impressed with him. Maybe it's just me as he's been here for years as I usually come in late evening and he's usually the one we deal with when checking in. He's definitely not rude or anything, he seems like a nice guy and polite enough, but doesn't seem to really care about his job all that much or making people feel welcome. Maybe just shy. Either way, everyone else has been super friendly, so I find it kind of strange as he doesn't seem to like his job.

Regardless, I really like this hotel enough that I wouldn't not stay here for one staff member that's not friendly. I find the day staff very nice and super helpful, giving tips as to where to go for dinner, directions etc.

We always look forward to our stay here and will be coming back sometime this summer! Definitely our favourite spot to stay in Burlington!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

We’d like to first, thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our property. We really appreciate your feedback and comments about your stays with us. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced some indifference with one of our night auditors. We take great pride in delivering exceptional customer service and it’s disappointing when one person on our team falls short of our mission. Please know we will be using your review as a training tool for all of our staff. Thank you again for sharing your valuable feedback!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Convenient, close to the highway, colleges and downtown. A real value for the money with the greatest staff at any hotel anywhere. You can never go wrong staying at this hotel. The restaurant is top notch and the pools and gym are an added bonus.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

What a nice review - thank you! We really appreciate your wonderful comments and loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was booked at the Windjammer as a training conference was scheduled there. The hotel staff is courteous and very service oriented. There's a small conference center adjoining that provides excellent service. Restaurant is also available. The lodging rooms are small, but clean and excellently appointed. Comfortable beds. My only criticism is that hall way noise can be a problem. The exercise facilities are excellent for a hotel of this size and the restaurant is excellent. I have had several meetings at this hotel and it can be counted on to be provide predictable good value, comfort and excellent service.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet?????
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jersbikr
KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your thorough review of our property. We don't receive a lot of feedback on our conference center and really appreciate the time you took to point out all that you experienced at our hotel. We also appreciate your loyalty to our property and hope to see you at your next conference!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Easy on / off I89 very helpful staff with quick service. Restaurant is onsite with fantastic food and comfortable seating. Upstairs bar is open and carries the same menu as the down stairs. Rooms always clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property! We really appreciate your great comments about our staff, restaurant and cleanliness of our guestrooms.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor

Been to Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!