“an underwhelming experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pauline's

Pauline's
Reserve with OpenTable
Pauline's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Allen Road
Transit: The restaurant is serviced by the local public bus line which stops at the intersection of Allen and Shelburne Roads.
Vermont
“an underwhelming experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

For many years, my husband and I had passed Pauline's on Shelburne Road, on our way into Burlington. So this week we were staying close by and decided that now was our chance to eat dinner there. We made our reservation on their website, where we noticed the "dinner for two" which ran for the "first hour of service"., which was from 5-6 pm, or so we thought. When we were seated we asked about the dinner for two, and were told that it was too late for us to order - we had arrived at 5:40. This seemed odd to us as we were still within the first hour....anyway we didn't want to argue with the server, so we bit the bullet and looked at the entrees which were very pricey. While we did that she brought the Wine Menu - there was ONE affordable glass of red wine which was not available, and the other choices were too expensive, so I had a $4.00 lemonade. My husband had a Switchback. His entree was the crab stuffed sole, mine was Maine crabcake Pauline. The food was excellent. The bill was $57.30 without the tip. This is a mistake we will not be repeating.

• Visited May 2014

Burlington, Vermont
“Tried and true just got better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife frequents Pauline's with her girlfriends once a month. For me however, it has be over 18 months. On a lark we took my friend and his mother for dinner. 3 different plates, all over the top fantastic. My friend kept saying: I don't normally eat chicken out, but that Shelburne Farms Chicken was amazing, just amazing.

For me it was the short rib ravioli. Sounds a bit weird, but oh, la, la. The sauce tasted like a roasted sun-dried tomato mixture, and the filling was mouth watering.

The remaining dish was trout. Now my wife orders this at every restaurant that has it on the menu. A bit fanatic about it. She goggled about it. That means it was great in her eyes.

• Visited April 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Good local gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

My co-workers and I decided to try another local gem. They have a set menu and a daily menu the chef puts out.
I decided to try the lamb burger with mint aioli and fresh cut fries. It was really good. It reminded me off being in Greece and eating a lamb burger.
The thing that made this place was their homemade bread. Popover bread! OMG, it was ridiculously good. I had 3. If you go, request the popover bread immediately.
Enjoy. I'll repeat when back in town.
BTW, Alison was our waitress. A true gem. Very cool.

• Visited May 2014
S. Burlington, VT
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

This place has wonderful food and a nice ambience. You can have good conversations without noise drowning your voice.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank iloveVT
x Long Islander
“Friendly service - delightful food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

The decor is a little dated but seemed like a quaint place.

We arrived late on a Sunday evening and were welcomed with open arms although it was almost closing time. Sensing that they were cleaning up, we ordered only appetizers. The food was fresh, imaginative and delicious, obviously prepared fresh with local ingredients.

The meal was a bit pricey at $63 for 3 salads, 2 soups and a cheese plate (no booze) but quite a memorable meal.

• Visited April 2014