“Seafood cooked to perfection!”
Review of Pauline's

Pauline's
Reserve with OpenTable
Pauline's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Allen Road
Transit: The restaurant is serviced by the local public bus line which stops at the intersection of Allen and Shelburne Roads.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We love this restaurant and faithfully revisit it whenever we are in Vermont. The food is fantastic and the service is excellent. We were delight to see the hostess had the good sense to separate families with small children and adults dining! They have two separate dining areas on the first floor! W e were able to dine in peace with rambunctious little ones:-) the menu is very well round from beef, vegetarian, seafood with lots of options. I ordered pan seared scallops over a medley of fresh garden vegetables and all were cooked to perfection! My husband had the seafood platter with shrimp, salmon & haddock with fresh garden vegetables all cooked perfectly also! This restaurant is consistently delicious and we love it!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've been here several times and have never been disappointed. I had the special of the evening: braised short ribs of beef. Hard to beat the flavor and texture. Accompanied with mashed potatoes and veggies. The beet and orange salad with chevre cheese, honey thyme dressing and spiced walnuts was great. Two people had the mixed seafood grille and were very pleased.
Last visit here I had the pork schnitzel and thought it was OK but not on a par with the better preparations in other restaurants I've had over the years. We shared two very good desserts. One had fresh berries, whipped cream and ice cream - very good!

We had a bottle of chardonnay wine and it was less than $30.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I were in Burlington this past weekend for a wedding and we were staying at a motel on Shelburne Rd. We arrived after a 4 hour ride and were in need of some lunch. We do not eat at chain restaurants and we thought our chances of finding a good place to eat along Shelburne Rd. would be a challenge. We did not like the thought of having to go into Burlington as it was moving in day for UVM and Burlington would be very crowded. We looked at the local restaurant book in the lobby of the motel and came across Pauline's. It was only about a 3 minute walk away and the menu was exactly what we were looking for.

Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted and shown to a table. The menu was awesome. Not only were most of the ingredients local, but the name of the farm was also given where each praduct came from. Not only does the food taste better, but it is so much better for you to eat local food that is raised the way it should be and not without chenicals and antibiotics.

I had the French Onion Soup and Brie and Ham sandwich. The soup came in a generous crock and was very good. The snadwich was ham with apple, brie, honey mustard and lettuce and lightly grilled. The sandwich was one of the very best I have had in a long time. The flavors combined for for a very pleasing taste sensation. The ham and brie were especially good. The soup and sandwich combo came to $14.00.

I thought it very unusual, but very welcoming, to have a reataurant like Pauline's in the location it is. Thank you Pauline's for a great lunch at a reasonable price where we do not have to support industrial agriculture and can enjoy food the way it was meant to be raised and enjoyed.

1  Thank WinterHawk44
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have eaten at Paulines many times and find the food to be interesting and consistently good. The service is excellent and it is a great place for both family dining and sosmething a little special.

1  Thank jetnh59
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great atmosphere and food taste great. Loved the popovers! Our waitress was great. She knew the menu and made some good recommendations. I wouldn't hesitate to go there again when I return to Burlington. .