“Impressed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guild Tavern

Guild Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Guild Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Guild Tavern is a farm-to-table wood fired grill featuring local beef grilled over Vermont hardwood. The menu offers classic steakhouse entrees, wood fired mixed grills, seafood and vegetarian options, and an innovative cocktail program. More casual fare, such as local burgers, entree salads, and sandwiches are available for dining out any night of the week. Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Fairfax, Vermont
“Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ordered Rib-eye for 2, was out of this world and the salad that came with the meal was one of the best salads I have ever eaten! I'm sure we will go back at some point, although not a place we'd go to often due to the price-point. Service was a little stilted, cheese plate app. was delivered only after I asked where it was..but they did take the cost of if off our bill w/o us even asking for that(which always impresses me and is a good sign that they care about the customer). My only real complaints:

Noise level, once the restaurant fills up the ambient noise makes it hard to have a conversation

Too many servers, while everyone did a great job there was just too many people tending to our needs. There was waiter, salad girl, coffee guy, meat carving lady, dessert guy etc..Doesn't give you a chance to develop a "relationship" with your waiter.

The buttered carrots were great...but the way they are chopped makes it kinda hard to get them on the fork!

Sides choice is limited, wished they had some more healthier/less rich options.

Overall I was impressed with our meal and hope they stick around for a long time!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank gpdvt

Vermont
“Excellent food, top notch service, you get what you pay for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The steaks we had were the best we've ever had. They are Vermont grown, grass-fed and grain finished with excellent flavor and texture. The service was top notch as was the wine list.

You definitely need reservations, same day my options were 4:30, 5:30, or 9pm.

It is the priciest steak house in town, so it will be a special occassion restaurant, but it was a very enjoyable evening.

The other menu options also looked enticing, but I was there for the steak.

Danbury, Connecticut
“Delicious Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hopefully this review will help set the record straight for the mixed reviews I've seen for the Guild. First, this is a typical priced steakhouse, $42+ and up for their steaks like a Ruth Chris or Morton's. If the price makes you cringe there are other options like Outback which may be friendlier to your budget.

We dined here on Sunday and had a great experience. Our hosts are from Burlington and implied that the word has not got out yet about the Guild. It won't be a secret for much longer. The food is delicious and the service was fine and the atmosphere was charming.

We had drinks and wine before and with dinner. Skipped appetizers to save room for entrees and desserts. I do agree that the surf and turf is a bit small. The Scallop dish was prepared nicely, the Ribeye was incredibly flavorful and I had the Pork which was mouth watering. The sides were perfect to accompany the meal, as was the house salad provided for the table.

We had two desserts. One was something chocolate, and I say it that way as if I was forgetful because I had the most incredible Carrot Cake I've ever tasted. Sometimes it can be overly spicy, but this was out of this world.

Overall, a satisfying steakhouse experience and a venue that Burlington should be proud of.

Burlington, Vermont
“A second chance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I wrote a couple months ago about a less than stellar experience as it related to the really unsatisfactory entree and seeming indifference from management. I am quick to criticize and it is only fair that I also compliment when due. After writing that review and contacting management directly, the manager (Scott) went out of his way to try to earn our patronage back. He invited us back with an offer of free entrees for the two of us. We went and I have to say the dry aged ribeye was one of the best I have ever had. Now I suppose it is possible they knew who they were sending this to at the time and made sure they got it right, but I like to think they are clearly improving. The server was very friendly, and talked a lot about how they are rapidly evolving to meet the customers desires, both with food as well as atmosphere. This is clearly a very nice place, and I would go again, but it would have to be for something very special. It is still very expensive and difficult to get out of there for less than $100 a plate (with wine and appetizers).

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Randy K
Vermont
“Finally a real steakhouse in Vermont!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you want a great steakhouse experience in Vermont, go here. Guild is actually muck less expensive than the Montreal and New York steakhouses with comparable quality.
The wait staff seems great as well. I would recommend steak over the seafood based on what we have heard from friends.
Also good for kids. On a busy night, food came fast! Was actually surprised by the speed.
Ask for the special cocktails which they do not promote well!