“A second chance”
Review of Guild Tavern

Guild Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Guild Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Guild Tavern is a farm-to-table wood fired grill featuring local beef grilled over Vermont hardwood. The menu offers classic steakhouse entrees, wood fired mixed grills, seafood and vegetarian options, and an innovative cocktail program. More casual fare, such as local burgers, entree salads, and sandwiches are available for dining out any night of the week. Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Burlington, Vermont
“A second chance”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I wrote a couple months ago about a less than stellar experience as it related to the really unsatisfactory entree and seeming indifference from management. I am quick to criticize and it is only fair that I also compliment when due. After writing that review and contacting management directly, the manager (Scott) went out of his way to try to earn our patronage back. He invited us back with an offer of free entrees for the two of us. We went and I have to say the dry aged ribeye was one of the best I have ever had. Now I suppose it is possible they knew who they were sending this to at the time and made sure they got it right, but I like to think they are clearly improving. The server was very friendly, and talked a lot about how they are rapidly evolving to meet the customers desires, both with food as well as atmosphere. This is clearly a very nice place, and I would go again, but it would have to be for something very special. It is still very expensive and difficult to get out of there for less than $100 a plate (with wine and appetizers).

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 923randyk

Vermont
“Finally a real steakhouse in Vermont!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you want a great steakhouse experience in Vermont, go here. Guild is actually muck less expensive than the Montreal and New York steakhouses with comparable quality.
The wait staff seems great as well. I would recommend steak over the seafood based on what we have heard from friends.
Also good for kids. On a busy night, food came fast! Was actually surprised by the speed.
Ask for the special cocktails which they do not promote well!

Charlotte Vermont
“Wonderful date night with my wife”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Guild & Co. last night and our entire experience was amazing, beginning with their specialty drink called Cabin Fever which my wife really enjoyed. We shared the Rib Eye for 2 and it was one of the best steaks we've ever had and that's saying alot since we've eaten in some of the best steakhouses in NYC and Chicago. Not inexpensive by Vermont standards but worth every penny. Get a table with a view of the grill for added entertainment. Staff and service were great. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2013
Toronto
“My family loves this place”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Four of us ate at Guild around New Years. First of all, our server was excellent - we eat out often in all kinds of restaurants. This is excellent service - we felt welcomed and expertly taken care of. We loved the clam chowder - first class with fresh clams, a light but creamy broth, and a hint of bacony goodness. Family style salad was fresh and well-seasoned. Crab cakes were full of crab, tasty and perfectly cooked. Steaks gorgeous - and dry aged, grass fed steaks from Vermont do not come cheap folks. This is not the wet-aged, midwestern feedlot USDA prime from Hannafords. You want a fine steak and can taste the difference? This is the real thing. Our wine-pairings were great matches, thanks to our server. Tea is from Dobra in Burlington - expertly brewed in special tea pots. Not to be missed. I just don't get the negative comments! We are returning for a family dinner next week.

• Visited January 2013
Goshen, New York
“A expensive disappointment”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is located a short drive away from the University off Williston and requires reservations. It's nice inside with a large opened kitchen. It is VERy expensive, especially for what you get. We had a chicken dish that was superb, a 10oz sirloin that was very lean and "scrumptious" and a very disappointing surf 'n turf consisting of a teeny dry fillet and supposedly 3oz piece of lobster that was no bigger that a jumbo shrimp. The bernaise sauce that came with the fillet was cold and hard sitting in a small metal cup. The salad that comes with the meal consists of various grasses, turnips and beets. Some of the party liked it. The Red Hen bread that they serve is excellent and the highlight of the dinner. Service was good (not great), though they bring the check Very quickly!
If you want a good steak, go to the Windjammer!

Visited January 2013